Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay and yearly taxes

Hi,
I am having a hard time to determine exact taxes with my eBay sales. Do any of you have helpful tips or tricks, maybe software? I plan on selling more next year and not sure what kind of records to keep, or eBay/PayPal records. And sales tax now?
Getting frustrated, and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 7:51PM

Not what you're going to want to hear, but consult a CPA.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just use an Excel spreadsheet. I track each sale, my cost basis and all fees. Subtract all that from sale price and you have your taxable income. Be sure to deduct where you can (bubble mailers, labels, etc).

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arkansas - $2,500 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    District of Columbia - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    Illinois - $1,000 in gross payments and a minimum of 4 transactions
    Maryland - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    Massachusetts - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    Mississippi - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    New Jersey - $1,000 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    Virginia - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
    Vermont - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions

Every other State - $20,000 sales and 200 transactions.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21