• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 4:47PM

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    Scooter007Scooter007 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 5:24PM

I had to zoom in on it … the beard is amazing.
    Nice Note

• Options

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

I don't have any scans handy, but I have several Mexico notes. There are some great designs: ABNC ones, both from the government and private banks. I like some of the modern ones too. Then there is a huge number of issues in the revolutionary period, like the nice one you posted. Mexico is one of my favorite countries to collect.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I started collecting world notes about 4 years ago but don't have 1 from Mexico (yet). There's just so many fantastic world notes to collect! Very attractive note BTW (love the colour scheme & design on the back). <3

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Very attractive and the highly detailed work makes me look for the "De La Rue" printing mark but I don't see it.

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

I have some, more raw then graded but I'll be scanning all of them. Waiting for my brother to bring them, hope he finds them all.

• Options

• Options

I'll sure post some when I get them from my brother and can scan them. I promise I'll scan them first.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats a cool looking note

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

All contemporary, most of mine are 100+ years old.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Ok, here is my first one, was going to post the 2010 note with he train on it, but I'll do this one. First though does anyone know the pick number for it or know where I can access the catalogs until I get mine here.

• Options

I do have these contemporary counterfeits scanned:

• Options

• Options

I found them on the streets of Mexico City about 8 years ago, for sale by some street vendor.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2021 7:04AM

@bammerbb said:
    Ok, here is my first one, was going to post the 2010 note with he train on it, but I'll do this one. First though does anyone know the pick number for it or know where I can access the catalogs until I get mine here.

This is P-60g "bammerbb." These beauties were printed from 1957-1970. I really like the gypsy design which changed slightly from P-57 (1953/54), P-34 (1937 Issue) & the first small format P-29 (1936) 5 Pesos. Just minor variations in the lettering. They started this design in 1925 with P-21 but this was the first large (180x83mm) format & the reverse has a different design (& it's quite scarce/expensive).

• Options

Thank you sir!!! I've moved and I don't have my standard catalogs yet. Oh well, everyone here is so helpful, maybe I will get by. Must confess I love Mexican currency. I especially like the charter banks, I have at least one raw (Tamaulipas) that I'll try to get scanned and posted this evening. Again, thanks for the help.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

"Thank you sir!!! I've moved and I don't have my standard catalogs yet. "
    No problem. Happy to have helped. I also find the Bank Note Museum helpful.

Lovely designs "SaorAlba!"

• Options
    YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

I have a small hoard of Mexican notes that mostly comes from my grandparents and trips to Mexico when I was little.

I got two 1915 1 Peso notes from Chihuahua at the 2020 FUN show, they are nicely uncirculated as they have no folds/tears and are really crisp. One of them says "VILLA" on the back which gives me a laugh. Also have a bunch of series 1914 1 and 5 Peso notes, they are circulated but the designs on both sides are awesome.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several banknotes from Mexico and Mexican States that are quite attractive. Some are very affordable. Not everything that is interesting and worth collecting needs to be expensive.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2021 2:10PM

Here's a recent acquisition of mine from my LCS.

delenda est WitterU

• Options

What you are calling the name "VILL-A" are actually control letters. I would assume they're having something to do with the production process. If anyone would know for sure and can give a concise explanation, I certainly be interested in reading it.

Brian

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    Only one I have so far it is not my main collecting focus but will add 4-6 notes per year.

The reverse is Mexico City, from the legend of the Eagle catching the snake