Home Sports Talk

Is Aaron Rodgers leaving Green Bay?

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 4:53PM

I have the feeling that he is. Perhaps headed to warmer climes like another old quarter back we all know of. Rodgers did have an up close and personal encounter with you know who last Sunday. Maybe a light went off in his head. Watching the game on Sunday I kept having a sinking feeling he's headed to L.A. I hope not. I still remember when Broadway Joe came to the Rams in 1977. What a joke that was........I know that Namath was washed-up by then but......deja-vu? And.....I think the Rams are on the verge of making a hasty decision and serious mistake (based on $$$) in the quarterback department. Think Milt Pappas and Frank Robinson.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't think he would actually leave, I should have known. His comments after that NFC Championship game have created quite a buzz. It's got people going crazy with all kinds of wild theories as to what he meant when he said his future with Green Bay was "uncertain." I should have known he wants more money.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then there was his comment about, my future in Green Bay is a "beautiful mystery". Why does he screw with our heads? Just say you want more cheese man!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's one of the best regular season quarterbacks I've ever seen.
    But in 3 seasons' of watching Mahomes I've already seen more leadership ability
    out of Mahomes than I have in Rodgers whole career.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 5:41PM

@Darin said:

I agree 100%. Rodgers is not a leader by any stretch, he plays the blame game more often then not and for the 100th time he locks on to his favorite receiver way too much and it likely cost him the AFC championship game. Once again had he run for that pretty easy TD rather than try to force it to Adam’s with two defenders draped all over him they might have won.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

I agree 100%. Rodgers is not a leader by any stretch, he plays the blame game more often then not and for the 100th time he locks on to his favorite receiver way too much and it likely cost him the AFC championship game. Once again had he run for that pretty easy TD rather than try to force it to Adam’s with two defenders draped all over him they might have won.

Perkdog, I think I've said this once before on this forum but I wish Mahomes was making those
    State Farm commercials with Brady instead of Rodgers.
    Would rather he was hanging out with a leader like Brady and maybe picking up some valuable pointers
    from him. Regardless, I think Mahomes is more like Brady than Rodgers as far as leadership and competitiveness,
    they both hate to lose so I'm looking forward to a great Super Bowl. :p

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we dump Ryan I'd take him on the Falcons...can't be any worse and he does know the feeling of winning a SB.

@DrBuster said:
    If we dump Ryan I'd take him on the Falcons...can't be any worse and he does know the feeling of winning a SB.

Huh? You mean Matt Ryan? I’m so confused

Yeah Matt Ryan, this town is over him...well a bunch of us are anyway.

@DrBuster said:
    Yeah Matt Ryan, this town is over him...well a bunch of us are anyway.

What I’m confused about is you saying “If we dump Ryan I’d take him on the Falcons” he is already on the Falcons lol

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think he means he would take Rodgers to replace ryan on the falcons.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:
    i think he means he would take Rodgers to replace ryan on the falcons.

Ok that would make sense

Ha yeah Rodgers to ATL.

@DrBuster said:
    Ha yeah Rodgers to ATL.

And I would gladly take Ryan on the Pats! Win Win for both of us 🍻

edited January 27, 2021 10:41AM

Let's make it happen! Matty Ice played up there in BC, he'd take back to the cold/outside easy I'd think.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

My bet is that if Rodgers leaves the Packers he will end up with either the Rams or the 49ers. He was born in Chico. Northern California. Played for Cal Berkeley. San Francisco Bay area. He currently lives (I think) in a swanky beach house in Malibu. Los Angeles area beach community. The Rams are rumored to be thinking about making a quarterback change. The 49ers are definitely looking for a new play caller. The Garoppolo experiment is over. Oddly enough there is a 49er/ Ram rivalry. Nothing of course like the Packers/Vikings or the old Cowboy/ Redskins er. Washington Football Team rivalry, but a rivalry none the less. The Niners would love nothing better than to sign Rodgers just to shove it to the Rams. It would be the Rams worst nightmare. So......Rogers is in a perfect negotiating position with those two clubs. Anybody who thinks Goff's contract is ridiculous, which it is,......look out! You ain't seen nothing yet.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot foresee the Packers letting Rodgers go. He will stay put, albeit most likely with a raise.