Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

set registry questions

Why does the pop report show the value of cards ranging from Ex 5 to Mint 9 but no values for Gem Mint 10's? I ask this because I recently upgraded my master set adding a PSA 10 card to replace the PSA 9 card but my overall set value (price) did not increase. I don't understand how the overall value of my set stayed the same especially when I upgraded a 9 to a 10? Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

The set registry imports SMR prices. In some cases, the SMR doesn’t have a price for a PSA 10. Strange, I know, but that’s usually based on rarity. What was the card?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    The set registry imports SMR prices. In some cases, the SMR doesn’t have a price for a PSA 10. Strange, I know, but that’s usually based on rarity. What was the card?

1961 topps baseball #36 PSA 10. It doesn't make sense because if I had the entire 1961 set in PSA 10 would it only show the value if it was PSA 9?

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know the answer to your question. I did just double check SMR and it doesn’t list any PSA 10 prices for the set. SMR is useless anyway. Did you know you can enter your own values for all the cards in your registry?

I don’t know what you paid for yours, but it looks like a PSA 10 sold by PWCC last Feb for $533. The sale before that was $360 in April of ‘19. Just enter what you think the card is worth.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox