Home Sports Talk
Options

Super Bowl LV thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, we need an official Super Bowl LV thread so here we go. It's going to be Brady vs Mahomes, this should be one for the ages. Let's get into this game and break it down over the next few weeks.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

38-24 Chiefs

• Options

This is going to be bigger than Woodstock, viewing records will be set, beer will be drank, babies will be born!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm taking the Brady Bucs. Home field, 10th trip, should be a good game.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2021 6:25AM

To add, I will be mainly rooting for my squares to pop. We always have a lot of boards at the neighborhood bar and this is usually the only time I put any money on sports.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Brady wins this game, i think he should then be considered for the Hall of Fame.

I realize i'm going out on a limb here.

Sorry Tom, but the Chiefs win two in a row.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna hang with Brady...could be some serious karma here...10th SB, first SB team playing on home field, Tom for lucky #7.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I'm gonna hang with Brady...could be some serious karma here...10th SB, first SB team playing on home field, Tom for lucky #7.

I like the way you think Al! Go Bucs!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this Super Bowl is anything like the last time these two QBs met In the playoffs we should be in for one hell of a show. I have the Bucs winning on a last second field goal, 34-31.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive gotta go with my guy Tommy. the Bucs Defense is hitting high gear right now, especially with the huge push they get in the middle from Vea. this will be a different defense than the one KC saw earlier in the season.

plus, well...
    the Bucs do have the best at QB that has ever done it.
    there is that...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no rooting in this game. I want to see high quality football. As good as the Chiefs have been I kinda would hate to see their season end with a loss. On the other hand when I notice people hollering "Go Bucks" it goes straight to my heart.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

I went to our neighborhood bar down the street to watch the Bucs/Pack and you would have thought we were in Tampa instead of the ATL burbs with the whole place rooting for Tampa.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    I went to our neighborhood bar down the street to watch the Bucs/Pack and you would have thought we were in Tampa instead of the ATL burbs with the whole place rooting for Tampa.

That’s Weird, I would think they would be against Brady.

• Options

I like to make a day of it. As we all know, the Super Bowl pregame show starts at like 2 p.m. and lasts all the way up to game time. I'll turn the TV on and just leave it on the pregame show all day. There's usually pregame interviews, analysis, and even some cooking competitions. Heck, one year Dan Marino and Joe Montana had a cooking competition against eachother and Dan Marino got his revenge on Montana by out cooking him.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 11:13AM

AFC West Rules.

Go K.C.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2021 10:34AM

And of course there's the Super Bowl halftime show, where anything can happen. I still remember the famous Janet Jackson "incident", and of course Adam Levine one-upped Janet Jackson by going shirtless during his halftime performance one year.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DrBuster said:

That’s Weird, I would think they would be against Brady.

Lots of gamblers in there and the local bookie was fairly busy. Moneyball. But yeah you'd think they'd be packer-backers for that game...nope.

• Options

It just occured to me that the Super Bowl isn't until February, and it's the last football game for a long time. Yes, I know there's the Pro Bowl, like I said, the Super Bowl is the last football game for a long time.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take Mahones arm and legs and gladly lay the 3.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    It just occured to me that the Super Bowl isn't until February, and it's the last football game for a long time. Yes, I know there's the Pro Bowl, like I said, the Super Bowl is the last football game for a long time.

They need to discontinue the Pro Bowl and have it played on Madden or something. The game isn’t even a game and I don’t blame the players about not going full speed with the possiblity of injury.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2021 2:43PM

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

They need to discontinue the Pro Bowl and have it played on Madden or something. The game isn’t even a game and I don’t blame the players about not going full speed with the possiblity of injury.

Yes, they do need to get rid of the pro bowl. It's just pointless, and nobody watches it. I mean, just look at this play from last years pro bowl.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2021 4:05PM

And the players in the pro bowl don't even take it serious, it's just a vacation party for them. Last year, the players were partying on the sidelines during the game. I mean, just look at this NFC offensive lineman on the sidelines during last years game....

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanna know what that woman in the background is grinding away on!! :p

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

i wanna know what that woman in the foreground is grinding away on

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanna know what the hell doubleD was thinking when he posted that! I just ate supper dude. :'(

• Options

@Darin said:
    I wanna know what the hell doubleD was thinking when he posted that! I just ate supper dude. :'(

You better look away, or you just might lose that supper! 😂😂

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's like she's shining her ass on a piece of whale blubber, then out of nowhere she bangs on the air cymbals

why am i under the impression that something similar goes down at bronco's house

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe this thread calls itself a Super Bowl thread.
    Think pretty highly of yourself don't you thread?
    You sicken me, you went so far downhill that we're going to trade you
    for a Super Bowl thread to be named later. And I had such high hopes for you. :s

• Options

@Darin said:
    I can't believe this thread calls itself a Super Bowl thread.
    Think pretty highly of yourself don't you thread?
    You sicken me, you went so far downhill that we're going to trade you
    for a Super Bowl thread to be named later. And I had such high hopes for you. :s

I'm sorry, but this is officially a whale blubber thread now. You'll have to wait until next season for the next Super Bowl thread.