Home Sports Talk
Options

Thoughts on Josh Allen

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills lost tonight. The Chiefs won. It's only a game. But.....was I impressed with Josh Allen. He's got what it takes. He ran a good game, he didn't show any signs of giving up when it was hopeless and that kid is tough and STRONG. He reminds me of Roman Gabriel. He threw some bullets tonight. Very impressive. The best part...when he chucked the ball off the helmet of that Chiefs defender late in the game after he took a cheap hit. That showed spunk. Good game tonight.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2021 12:09AM

He didn't have a great game

He wasn't the reason they lost

He has a very bright future

Tough kid

Lots to like

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2021 3:24AM

Josh Allen has a bright future ahead of him, he's only going to get better, the way he studies and prepares for the game. This wasn't the year, but he'll lead the Bills to the promised land eventually. I truly believe that.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Josh Allen brought the Bills to the AFC championship game, without him they might not have made the playoffs this year. They will be back

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allen will be a very good quarterback for many years to come. Buffalo got a good one

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like him a lot, but He didn't look as good as he did during the regular season.

Big game syndrome?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id like to see a top ten most yards lost on a sack list , he might have 8 of them .

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2021 11:58AM

@bronco2078 said:
    Id like to see a top ten most yards lost on a sack list , he might have 8 of them .

Yes that's one of his downfalls. He takes 8 yard sacks and turns them into 18 yard killer sacks. To his credit he cleaned up most of his other faults the past couple of years.

@hammer1 said:
    Like him a lot, but He didn't look as good as he did during the regular season.

Big game syndrome?

He had a great regular season to be sure. He was ok in the playoffs. He will get more chances and time will tell.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 3 playoff games he played in this year will help him tremendously in the future just in
    dealing with the pressure of a big game. No amount of practice can give him the experience
    that 3 big meaningful games can give him. He'll have better playoff games than he had against
    the Chiefs and more than likely they'll come next year.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Josh Allen has a lot of upside and will be very, very good from her on, but he didn't play really well in the playoffs. the game against the Colts was influenced by the wind but since Buffalo is home for him he'd better figure that out. he improved against the Ravens but was pretty erratic at times against the Chiefs. many of his throws were either high on the edges or too long down the middle/deep. also, as stated above he hasn't yet figured out that he needs to throw that ball away and avoid losses.

this was a good experience for him but the "stage" seemed a bit bigger than he expected. I hope he can learn from it and gets another shot.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 4:12AM

again, QBs receive too much credit when things are hunky-dory, and too much blame when things are not going according to plan. 'tis a team game. sure would be nice for Allen to have a Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce at his disposal, two guys who went 22 for almost 300 combined. instead, his biggest weapon got nullified by the Chiefs, which is exactly what they should have done. we're taking Diggs out, so in order to beat us you're going to have to throw to...............whom? can Allen overcome Mahomes-Hill-Kelce without a semblance of a running game and a #2 receiving option who is a possession guy playing with a broken leg? of course he can't.

i personally thought he played well (almost 300 thru the air and almost 100 on the ground) considering what he did and did not have versus what he was facing. yes, he absorbed some ugly sacks, but Lord the guy was back there trying to make plays when he knew he was up against it. i give him a pass. now it's time for Buffalo to give him some help in the offseason in order to take it to the next level.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021 4:27AM

If the Bills don’t go out and get some WR help for Allen then Shame on them. If I’m the Bills that’s exactly what I’m doing. @galaxy27 is spot on with his dissertation

• Options

Buffalo coachin was worse than green bays

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the Cowboys weren't going to give him what he wanted, I wanted him in NE. People were saying we already had Edelman, but it would have been a good signing. He was great in Dallas.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Coaching Staff bears as much or more blame than the current players. sure, having another top line receiver and a running back would have helped, but they didn't have that. they had enough to win 15 games to that point so they have talent. the Coaches had all week to prepare and they had already played them earlier in the season, that was the best they could come up with?? Josh Allen's strength is rolling to his right and the Coaches kept him in the pocket.

that's QB abuse!!

• Options

@keets said:

I think the Coaching Staff bears as much or more blame than the current players. sure, having another top line receiver and a running back would have helped, but they didn't have that. they had enough to win 15 games to that point so they have talent. the Coaches had all week to prepare and they had already played them earlier in the season, that was the best they could come up with?? Josh Allen's strength is rolling to his right and the Coaches kept him in the pocket.

that's QB abuse!!

i meant the 2 guys that killed them double one of them at least or smash them in the mouth off the line make the number 3 and 4 guy beat you