Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: Vintage Soccer Cards

I am especially interested in PSA graded Pele cards but will look at BVG or SGC cards as well. I would also be interested in any of the vintage stars from the past (Dean, Matthews, Garrincha, Charlton, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Maradona, etc. Show me what you got. Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

1972 Cleveland Petrols Golden Goals lot of 5 w/empty wrappers:
    32/7 w Charlton
    19/38/11 w Rivelino
    18/24/26 w Muller and Cruyff
    27/41 w Cruyff
    31/34/35 w Chalmers

• Options
    DEFPOTECDEFPOTEC Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

@slum22 said:
    I am especially interested in PSA graded Pele cards but will look at BVG or SGC cards as well. I would also be interested in any of the vintage stars from the past (Dean, Matthews, Garrincha, Charlton, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Maradona, etc. Show me what you got. Thanks!

Hello!

This is at PWCC Vault awaiting final review before I can list. Going to aim very high out of the gate as it’s a pop 1, none higher, and looks even better than a 7. Steered away from PSA in this case (sorry, Collectors Universe!) because they’ve been wildly inconsistent with this card. This one to me is comparable, probably superior, to the PSA 8.5 that just sold in a PWCC auction:

Also just picked this up. It’s a sure-fire PSA 1 because it was removed from an album, but still super attractive. The Quigol issue is rarer and more condition-sensitive than the Alifabolaget, plus it’s from Brazil. Sending to PSA tomorrow, and I’ll probably have it sent directly from Newport Beach to PWCC:

As for Maradona, these two are at PSA already. Hope to have them back in a couple more weeks. Both almost certainly will come back PSA 1 because of the surface damage from album removal. But still fun. More affordable than the Peles, of course:

I also have a couple low-end things in route, namely a 1967-68 Panini Calciatori Pele and a complete 1963-64 Sicker-Verlag Bundesliga-Asse album featuring Pele and a Eusebio rookie issue, plus some other stars like Jaschin and Di Stefano. I was planning to remove the cards from the album.

Let me know if you’re interested in anything! Happy to try to work something out. But I should caution you that I’m likely to hold onto the Pele rookies for a while as they continue to surge; I’m not looking to move them in the short-term.

Glad to see interest in vintage soccer! Just wish I’d picked up more when prices were low. Passed on a couple low-grade Alifabolaget Peles for less than $1,000 a couple years ago. Ugh.