Home Sports Talk
Options

Airing of grievances

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2021 12:45PM in Sports Talk

People that get on your nerves in the world of sports. It can be athletes, coaches, broadcasters, sports talk radio hosts, etc.

Comments

• Options

I'll get the ball rolling with Shannon Sharpe. He has a tendency to get on my nerves, and I hate the way he says Skip's name.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2021 12:51PM

Cris Collinsworth can get on my nerves, and I hate the way he slides in next to Al Michaels. I hate the Cris Collinsworth slide.

• Options

Colin Cowherd gets in ny nerves at times, especially when he starts with his finger. I hate when he starts sticking that finger in the air.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2021 1:03PM

Gentlemen I present to you, Max Kellerman, clown or legit?

• Options

Stop it!

• Options

I hate it when Stephen A. Smith puts on that ridiculous looking cowboy hat.

• Options

I hate it when Jimmy Johnson starts dancing.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shannon Sharpe, Max Kellerman, Eli Manning, Arod, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Rodgers...

• Options

Michael Strahan's gap gets on my nerves. His Hall of Fame bust even has the gap!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

aaron rodgers gets on my nerves. seems so stuck up

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Yes, and that Ned Flanders mustache.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nick Wright. So glad he got the mustard ketchup treatment.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    aaron rodgers gets on my nerves. seems so stuck up

I wonder if State Farm will ever figure out that he's a jerk in his ads for them.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate football announcers that say teams are "forced" to punt. No, no, they're not. They're CHOOSING to punt.

• Options

• Options

I was waiting for it!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@Tabe said:
    I hate football announcers that say teams are "forced" to punt. No, no, they're not. They're CHOOSING to punt.

Me and a couple buddy’s would play Madden ( video game ) and my friend Steve is a coach and always was a very strict player ie played it like a textbook coach ect.. and my other buddy Brendon was not and when he would be at 4th and a country mile he would go for it and when questioned on it his response was “Why would I just give you the ball” 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Buck,

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021 9:24AM

If Al Michael, Joe Buck or Chris Bermen never showed up for work again I would not shed a single tear.

Rodgers is a bit much but he is so damn good. He owns a burger business (The Habit) with a friend of ours. The stories are robust. Aaron is a big video gamer.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Is it me or is Skip starting to show signs of mental health decline?

• Options
    edited January 22, 2021 8:11AM

@Justacommeman said:
    If Al Michael, Joe Buck or Chris Bermen never showed up for work again I would not shed a single tear.

Rodgers is a POP TART but he is so damn good. He owns a burger business (The Habit) with a friend of ours. The stories are robust. Aaron is a big video gamer.

m

It’s shocking to me that you dont like Berman! I mean did you at least like him back in the day with his nicknames?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

Rodgers is a POP TART but he is so damn good. He owns a burger business (The Habit) with a friend of ours. The stories are robust. Aaron is a big video gamer.

m

It’s shocking to me that you dont like Berman! I mean did you at least like him back in the day with his nicknames?

Berman was a great watch back in the 90s.

As for Rodgers, he is phony in my opinion. And when compared to Brady, does not in any way make the most of his talent.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

It got old quick for me

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just tried posting my grievances.

But evidently it was so long that it took up too much server space, and couldn't post.

Later i'll try posting a shorter one under 500,000 words and see if that works. I'll edit some of the ESPN comments.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

i know there are peeps on here who probably have a grievance against Barkley (especially after the vaccine comment), but he has never bothered me personally. he speaks without a filter, so you've gotta expect a broad range of things exiting his mouth. for the most part it's innocuous. occasionally it requires an adjustment. but there's no denying the constant humor surrounding him. if you've ever watched the NBA on TNT, it's a no-holds-barred circus at times. by a county mile the most entertaining pre and post game show.

this segment gets my vote for best of the best. i saw this live years ago and still tear up from laughter every time i watch it. Kenny Smith and his wife had just introduced a newborn into the world, so they decided to have a diaper-changing contest on the set between Chuck and him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIs2CVzPA5E

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Gentlemen I present to you, Max Kellerman, clown or legit?

First Class, A Number 1, major league FFFF Hole!!

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite halftime show

https://youtu.be/EZ9TMmMidBw

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

hammer I never saw that :D

• Options

**”No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. **

He must’ve picked the Bills to win the Super Bowl 15 years straight. He’s not on enough now for me to know who he picked this year but I bet it’s No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Wow had an iPhone since 2009 and never realized that if I put two of these little things ** before and after it makes the quote bold. I’m serious.

Hey you kids. Get off my lawn!

😂😂😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

It got old quick for me

Fair enough. I still miss the old days of ESPN, with Berman, Dan Patrick and Olberman. I don’t watch any ESPN at all anymore though, haven’t in years