Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB Half Dollar Type Coins from the 1800s - Capped Bust/Seated

CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 8, 2022 9:46AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Hi All,

I'm working on a half dollar type set. I've been making slow progress over the past few years, finished the 1900's coins and the Barber and it's time to look for the Capped Bust/Seated coins.

I don't discriminate on slabs. I am happy with a PCGS or an NGC slab or an old white ANACS slab. I am a unique fellow and I Want to do my type set my own way. I would rather own a quality lower grade better date than a higher grade common date for the same budget. Some of these holes can be filled by a lot of coins, like the 1807-1836 Capped Bust Half Dollar. For a coin like that, if I am interested in something specific, I let you know.

1. Capped Bust Half Dollar, Let Edge (1807-1836) - I'm most interested in an 1817/3 overdate in about F15. I'm not really interested in any other coins to fill this hole.
2. Capped Bust Half Dollar, "50 CENTS" (1836-1837) - Looking at the PCGS price guide, I'm looking for an 1837 obviously.
3. Capped Bust Half Dollar, "HALF DOL." (1838-1839) - Looking for a Philadelphia coin, not an O coin, around $200.
4. Liberty Seated Half Dollar, No Drap (1839) - Based on what I see on the PCGS price guide, I'm thinking in the F15 range.
5. Liberty Seated Half Dollar, No Motto (1839-1866) - Looking for something around $200
6. Liberty Seated Half Dollar, Arr & Ray (1853) -Looking for something around $200
7. Liberty Seated Half Dollar, NM, Arr (1854-1855) - Looking for something around $200
8. Liberty Seated Half Dollar, Motto (1866-1891)
9. Liberty Seated Half Dollar, Motto, Arr (1873-1874) - An 1873 CC with arrows in the VG grade could be cool to go with the 72 above.

I don't expect to purchase all of these coins on the forum tomorrow, but if you have one of them, feel free to drop me a message. I check many different websites that sell coins, so it's possible I buy some of these off the forum too over time.

Cheers.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

Comments

• Options

Going to bump this to the top since it's been 2 weeks.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

Been a couple more weeks, time to bump this again.

• Options

Bi-annual bump.

• Options

Bump for good luck.

• Options

It's been over a year since my last bump, time to bump.