Home Sports Talk
Options

Colin Cowherd thinks the NFL should delay AFC Championship until Mahomes is cleared to play

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

The title of the thread says it all. Opinions? Here's the video clip.

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would suck if Mahomes can’t play but everyone knows the rules going in. It sucked Buffalo was a 2 seed and first time ever didn’t get a bye. It sucked Miami won 10 games and Washington won 7 but made the playoffs.

That’s why you have 54 players on the roster. Should the Rams game been postponed because Donald was hurt? Zack Moss hurt his ankle. Can we wait until he’s healthy. Game is 5 Sunday. Play ball.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you kidding me? That is absurd. Yes I agree that it would be a shame if Mahomes couldn’t play but injuries are part of the game. You put together a roster like everyone else and roll with it

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

absolutely nuts. I wish we could have thought of this back in 2008 when brady got his knee blown up. could have just postponed game 2 of the season for 50 weeks or so.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, the NFL cow-towed to the Ravens back in November, re-scheduling three times, so I guess they've shown their willingness to do something like that. to even consider it is just stupid and the backlash would be monumental in scope, they'd lose the Country but save Kansas City.

it's the NFL, so anything is possible. oh, BTW, Cowherd is an idiot. B)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

The chance of this NFL game being postponed because of this is zero, maybe below zero.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to modern times.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Colin Cowherd is crazy to say something like this. You know what I think? I think Colin winning that Buffalo Bills mustard and ketchup bet has gone to his head!

• Options

I hope he gets absolutely ridiculed for this outburst of stupidity

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember refusing to listen to him back when he was on espn radio. such a narcissistic jerk.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s the only one I listen to. Sometimes Colin is right and sometimes Colin is wrong.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021 12:00PM

I used to be of the opinion that Cowherd was a next-level thinker as it pertained to sports with all of his analogous examples, but over the course of time I started to view him as more and more of a blowhard. I sure hope he realizes that he doesnt exactly ooze cred when he says outlandish things like that.

I've said this before (and I've sung her praises before), but the person who should be running that show is Joy Taylor. obviously she is easy on the eyes, but if you ever listen to her talk sports you quickly realize that SHE is the knowledgeable one. only a matter of time before she gets her own gig.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a Steelers fan but the NFL didn't help them when they were making sure that the Ravens had a chance to get into the playoffs with the 3 schedule changes like Keets said.

• Options

He can try all he wants, but Colin Cowherd will never be Pinto Ron!

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Colin Cowherd is a complete idiot.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Who is Pinto Ron??

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Who is Pinto Ron??

The Bills fan that is famous for his ketchup and mustard shenanigans. 😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Who is Pinto Ron??

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Who is Pinto Ron??

I love that you know about this 😂😂😂😂 https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2015/12/31/nobody-tailgates-like-rochesters-pinto-ron/78023712/

• Options
    edited January 20, 2021 5:26PM

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Who is Pinto Ron??

I love that you know about this 😂😂😂😂 https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2015/12/31/nobody-tailgates-like-rochesters-pinto-ron/78023712/

You know I have to stay up to date on these types of things. This stuff is right up my alley! 😂😂😂😂