Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Why is PSA10 less worth than PSA9?

Hey there,
I'm new in the tcg Universe.
I've just been on the website of PSA. There was a rating of some Yu-Gi-Oh Cards.
Can someone explain to me why the PSA 10 blue eyes is less worth than the PSA9?

ty

Tagged:

Comments

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 5:11PM

thats probably a typo. two PSA 9's apparently hit the APR selling for $6900 and $4900, more than the average PSA 10 prices of $3000-3700. not sure if those are accurate. I dont see how they could be.

most people dont go by the SMR, as the info there can take awhile to update and dont always accurately reflect current ebay sales prices.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

More importantly less than the 8.
    Obvious error. This is a guide not a true sale

• nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Lack of sales for PSA 10’s. A card is worth what someone will pay for it.

An interesting exercise would be if there was a higher pop of 10’s than 9’s, then in theory a 9 would more rare/value.

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 5:43PM

Reminds me of the 61 wilt RC on vcp

Amazing buy who ever got the 10 for 20k 14yr ago.

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Honestly, gaming cards have a lot of price manipulation going on. If you look at some of the top pokemon card sales, many are generally by sellers with zero feedback, with most bidders being under 10 feedback as well. Wouldnt surprise me that many of the cards are not actually being bought/sold, but simply being shilled by the seller to set a "standard of pricing". I have seen similar examples in the sportscard market, although not as severe as many with the gaming card market

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY