Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody Drop Ship from an E-Bay Seller direct to BBCE? Scammer Box #4

thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a couple of Boxes on E-Bay. Is it possible, if the E-bay Seller will cooperate, to send Boxes direct to BBCE, for items I purchase off an E-Bay Seller?.

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you can do it. It violates E-bay procedure. I think items have to be shipped to address on the buyers account. I could be wrong I guess but I tried it once and the seller told me no because of this.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It can be done, I've seen mention of several here who do it. You do need to add BBCEs address to your eBay account and make sure you select that one when purchasing. On the good side, if the seller knows they are selling bad stuff, they will cancel and refund before shipping once they see that address.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    It can be done, I've seen mention of several here who do it. You do need to add BBCEs address to your eBay account and make sure you select that one when purchasing. On the good side, if the seller knows they are selling bad stuff, they will cancel and refund before shipping once they see that address.

Kyle, PM me about another lunch!

And That's how I envisioned doing it. Plus I like the Part of the Seller seeing its being sent to BBCE, should help with Funny Business you would think.

I'm going to Assume that somehow/somewhere along the line Steve is notified of what is occurring/

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

I recently learned that you can have several shipping addresses on file with ebay. Just make sure you have the desired one selected prior to making payment

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Kyle, PM me about another lunch!

And That's how I envisioned doing it. Plus I like the Part of the Seller seeing its being sent to BBCE, should help with Funny Business you would think.

I'm going to Assume that somehow/somewhere along the line Steve is notified of what is occurring/

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

Yes. I have done this before and just sent an email to Steve letting him know who it was coming from and what the contents were going to be.

Jeremy

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say no; fortunately for me BBCE is a close drive for me to go and visit.

• Options

Good day,

Talked with Steve via E-Mail couple of times just now, not a Problemo.......Added BBCE to my Ship To in E-Bay, first Box being sent from E-Bay Seller direct to BBCE. Just ask Seller to Put your Name somewhere on the label, so Steve knows whose it is. Two more Boxes to follow this afternoon!

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil;

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 10:47AM

be very careful doing this. or at least letting the seller know that you are doing this. it is my understanding that you lose some layers of protection by shipping directly to a 3rd party that isn't a verifiable freight-forwarder.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    be very careful doing this. or at least letting the seller know that you are doing this. it is my understanding that you lose some layers of protection by shipping directly to a 3rd party that isn't a verifiable freight-forwarder.

Understood....................Also in a round about way, you may receive some minor piece of mind from the fact that the product IS going directly to BBCE, and the Seller can clearly see that! Nuances of a return are probably not foremost on some Pack Re-Sealing Douche bags agenda anyway. (Plus you save at least one Shipping Costs ( of 3 Boxes to BBCE.)

I'm going to try it with 3 Different 1990-91 Fleer Basketball Wax boxes from 3 different Sellers to start and we'll see how it goes! Of course None of these Sellers has any Red Flags and we are talking -$100 Boxes. So..........................

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:
    I'd say no; fortunately for me BBCE is a close drive for me to go and visit.

And fortunately BBCE Is Not !!! Close to me, or we'd be in Attending "Rippers Anonymous!

:D:D:D

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil

• Options
    edited January 19, 2021 11:42AM

@thedutymon11 said:

@blurryface said:

Understood....................Also in a round about way, you may receive some minor piece of mind from the fact that the product IS going directly to BBCE, and the Seller can clearly see that! Nuances of a return are probably not foremost on some Pack Re-Sealing Douche bags agenda anyway. (Plus you save at least one Shipping Costs ( of 3 Boxes to BBCE.)

I'm going to try it with 3 Different 1990-91 Fleer Basketball Wax boxes from 3 different Sellers to start and we'll see how it goes! Of course None of these Sellers has any Red Flags and we are talking -$100 Boxes. So..........................

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

literally went thru a couple more of these boxes last night. and since they obviously won't be designated fasc, i'd see if you could get steve & co to check the front and back of each pack for jordan showing and notate on label if so. usually, one outta every four boxes has 2 jordan showing packs.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    I recently learned that you can have several shipping addresses on file with ebay. Just make sure you have the desired one selected prior to making payment

Good to know!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when I was buying a lot of unopened boxes off of eBay I had a lot of sellers ship to BBCE. I just added BBCE as one of my authorized shipping addresses. I would email Steve with what was being shipped and the expected delivery date. I never had a problem doing that.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:

I have 5 or 6 verified shipping addresses listed with eBay.

• Options

Lol

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

As long as you work it out with Steve Hart ahead of time, you can absolutely do this. When I was buying a lot of vintage wax years back I set up BBCE as an address for both my eBay and PayPal accounts. When I bought an unopened box I would just select the BBCE address as my desired address for the box to be shipped to during check out. I would email Steve a heads up that the box was incoming and that was that. It worked out great. It saved me time and money and I was able to find out if boxes were good much quicker. Steve is much busier now than when I did this so that is why I say, just work it out with him ahead of time. But he is so customer friendly, I would be shocked if he wouldn't allow you to do this.

Steve
  • Options

Evening,

So it didn't take long for my First, Cancel the order Scaredicat! Saw the BBCE delivery address and Balked!

So I bought 2 Boxes yesterday and 1 this morning, no problem, Box # 4, Paid this morning, Seller Waited all day, then after I assume consulting their fellow scammers then chose to cut their losses or lack thereof and cancelled! Even put as their excuse that something is wrong with the delivery address (Afraid of BBCE)

Oh well that save me $75-$100 along with lots of pain in the ass! Hope that keeps up!

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

how many boxes you want?

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anything sadder than someone possibly faking a $75-$100 box?

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    Is there anything sadder than someone possibly faking a $75-$100 box?

The ending of Where the Red Fern Grows? :(