Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions about shipping a card

Hello what the best way to ship a card to someone it's psa and what does everyone do to make sure everything goes legit to make sure they don't get a charge back?

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

you can't really ever be protected from a chargeback I guess in todays digital world.

however, when I ship PSA slabs, I have a few supplies on hand. first, I have an assortment of size 000 poly bubble mailers. two cut pieces of cardboard go into the bag with the graded card in its own graded card sleeve. I seal that and then sometimes mail that as is. more often than not, ill grab from my large stash of larger 8x11 poly bubble mailers and insert the size 000 one into it and try-fold it onto itself. this makes the package "larger" and harder to lose and adds an extra layer of bubble around it. the whole package weighs between 3-5 ounces and can ship usually for under $3.50.

best thing you can do is package the card the best protected, yet most cost effective way. even though im using two bubble mailers, their combined cost is only like $0.35 when bought bulk and the cardboard is cut up recycled boxes. I ONLY use polymailers since they are water and tear resistant and have very strong self adhesive flaps.

for more expensive cards, I ship via USPS small flat rate boxes.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno1 thanks so much for your help the only thing I don't have is a graded card sleeve to put the card in im also going to have the person sign for the mail.

• Options
    edited January 17, 2021 12:10AM

@kobefan1 said:
    @dictoresno1 thanks so much for your help the only thing I don't have is a graded card sleeve to put the card in im also going to have the person sign for the mail.

theres really no need for someone to sign, depending on the value. ebay requires it for items valued $750 and above. since the onset of covid, USPS requiring signatures has been lax and they aren't required to get your signature. my mailman has been signing for my packages that fit in my box. it may be wasted money on your end.

you dont need a graded card sleeve, I just ship all my cards in one to keep the slabs protected. I keep an extra stash of them for cards I sell. my only advice, as a seller myself, is do what you can to ensure you package the card the best you can within reason vs cost effectiveness to make sure it delivers undamaged. how valuable is the card you're shipping?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Ship anything as professionally and well packed was you can (without over doing your budget). One way to do this is to get your shipping supplies for free.
    The appearance of a shoddy shipping job will decrease the potential for issues a ton.

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

@kobefan1 said:

theres really no need for someone to sign, depending on the value. ebay requires it for items valued $750 and above. since the onset of covid, USPS requiring signatures has been lax and they aren't required to get your signature. my mailman has been signing for my packages that fit in my box. it may be wasted money on your end.

you dont need a graded card sleeve, I just ship all my cards in one to keep the slabs protected. I keep an extra stash of them for cards I sell. my only advice, as a seller myself, is do what you can to ensure you package the card the best you can within reason vs cost effectiveness to make sure it delivers undamaged. how valuable is the card you're shipping?

It's a wayne gretzky topps rookie psa 3 and Nolan Ryan rookie psa 5

• Options

@kobefan1 said:

@dictoresno said:

@kobefan1 said:

It's a wayne gretzky topps rookie psa 3 and Nolan Ryan rookie psa 5

I would ship both of those in a small flat rate box, properly padded as I described above.

myslabs.to/smzcards