Home Sports Talk

Hockey, all the games for $20.00 a month!

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

UZZU TV baby! No contract and watched the Wild come back to tie the game with one second left in regulation and win it in OT!

GO WILD! ;-)

P.S. looks like you get everything football, basketball and baseball too!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to a diner that had all all you can eat breakfast for 3.99 but 2$ worth was all I could stand

(hockey is really boring now , but if we can set the wayback machine to the 1980's I'm in)

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kings fan here.

I won't watch them if you paid me $20 a game.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, can't do it, that's $20.00 that could be spent on Joe Louis cards. Joe Louis won't allow it. He's a difficult man to live with!

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    I went to a diner that had all all you can eat breakfast for 3.99 but 2$ worth was all I could stand

(hockey is really boring now , but if we can set the wayback machine to the 1980's I'm in)

Living in Minnesota has frozen much of my brain and I actually like watching hockey. Very few stoppages of play and a break between periods for bathroom and snack time. I'm not much of a basketball fan, baseball is horrible to watch now, and football is still on "free" TV.

In addition, for some reason, "Fox Sports North" is not being offered on Hulu or Youtube TV anymore. Those were a couple of options I was looking into.

The Wild have been an OK team for quite a while. Last year a guy they got in a trade, Kevin Fiala, started scoring goals and looking like a very exciting player, this year another new guy, Kirill Kaprizov, has arrived and has a lot of potential.

Several years ago, I got fed up with cable/satellite overcharging me for garbage and a contract that you can't get out of, so I put up an antenna and signed up for Netflix. I now live in a rural area, and doubt that cable is even an option.

Always wanted to have a way to watch hockey and baseball, but paying $100.00 a month for a "provider" that would offer me sports was unacceptable. Also didn't want an option that blacked out the local team, that REALLY doesn't make sense to me. Here in Minnesota the games are all sellouts. why black them out?

This looks perfect for me. Looks like you get all the major sports too.

The kids are grown, so no one here wants to watch the crapola served up on most of the channels. I am sure most of you guys have cable or satellite, but for us cheapskates who refuse to spend the money, this looks like a good solution.

Just wanted to share.

@hammer1 said:
    Kings fan here.

I won't watch them if you paid me $20 a game.

The Dodgers were pretty good last year weren't they? ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@doubledragon said:
    Nope, can't do it, that's $20.00 that could be spent on Joe Louis cards. Joe Louis won't allow it. He's a difficult man to live with!

Do you have cable or satellite TV?

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@doubledragon said:

Neither one. I have a TV and a converter box. My wife has her own TV and she pays for cable, but I just use a converter box. If there's something I really need to see, I usually just watch it on her TV.

@doubledragon said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@doubledragon said:

Neither one. I have a TV and a converter box. My wife has her own TV and she pays for cable, but I just use a converter box. If there's something I really need to see, I usually just watch it on her TV.

In you case, it appears you have cable, but the wife pays for it (NICE), so you are either getting your sports for free (again, NICE), or you could pay a small amount and get sports added to your wife's plan.

I want to watch the Minnesota Wild and the Twins and don't want to pay for cable and/or satellite.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

i get 70 channels with my antenna but I have internet with a roku . I pay for hulu netflix and britbox the budget is maxed out .

If I need to see a game I will steal it from my Japan illegal stream site

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flyers look good so far.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless they mix in girly channels with it, i'm out.