Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cello pack sale

Had my eye on this ungraded Montana RC cello: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Topps-Football-Cello-Pack-w-Joe-Montana-Rookie-Card-RC-Front-MINT-SHAPE/254830174041?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Sold via Best Offer for $2200, and I'm torn on whether or not this was a missed opportunity. A PSA 9 with slightly worse T/B centering sold for $1100 at Heritage in July. Curious what the pack collectors here think about this.

Authentic?
Realistic shot at PSA 10?

Comments

• tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

More realistic shot at not authentic vs a 10 in my view. I would not spend that much for a raw pack today, it’s raw for a reason most of the time.

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Decent looking pack, but I would not spend that kind of money for a raw pack myself.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

It appears it's authentic, but I don't think it would 10.
    Seller probably didn't get it graded due to lag time in getting it back from PSA. Left money on the table perhaps.
    I do agree with the others above, raw unopened can be a risky proposition. Tread carefully.

• paulb71paulb71 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭

I only purchase graded items, especially when the price goes up when the item is ungraded the only time I buy raw unopened is if it is cheap but I know how you feel when you let an item slip through your fingers it haunts you and there are several items over the past years I missed out on and I kick myself for not going over what I wanted to pay

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2021 6:54PM

@Gansetttime said:

Seller probably didn't get it graded due to lag time in getting it back from PSA.

I'm sure this is the case with many ungraded cards as well. Some people don't have the patience to wait 7 months to get their collectibles back. The way the trend is going, could be a year or more in the near future with Beckett or PSA. :(

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone got hosed. You can fake the top fold but you can never fake the secondary folds (well, maybe Jose can).

Arthur