Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Price guide

Hi. I have been away from collecting for a while and was wondering which on line price guide was most realistic. Thanks

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.

Comments

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay completed sales.

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back. Also auction prices from the psa homepage.
    Who wants to start the faq thread

• Options

Sorry. I did do a search on the topic first.

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.
  • Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Don't apologize. I think its great collectors are coming back and new collectors are entering.
    I often thought a faq would be helpful since the hobby is changing so much.
    The board has seen an influx of new users which is also great.

Seriously tho, disregard any price guides. They can't keep up with the constant changes.
    Realized prices are your best bet.
    Here's a paid service:
    Vintagecardprices.Com

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

As said above, just about any "print" price guide will never be accurate as compared to ebay sold prices. Beckett and Tuff Stuff are complete jokes when it comes to pricing. Happened to see one at my local Kroger last week and noticed pricing for the 1991 UD High Series set showing $5-$8 for the set, yet lists the Pedro and some other rookie at $6-$10 EACH, when in reality none of those even sell for the low end pricing

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Search on eBay for the item
    On the left side click the ‘sold items” filter.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did eBay remove the option to use the "taxexclusiveprice" search in completed listings? Searching taxex has no results now...

When you find an item that sold with a best offer, click it.
    Click either the “see original listing” link or the thumbnail image.
    Once the original listing loads, right click on the webpage and select “View Page Source”.
    When viewing the HTML source code, press and hold CMD (Mac) or CTRL (PC) + F to bring up the “Find On Page” search box.
    Type taxex in the search box and the page will instantly jump to the taxExclusivePrice field in the code.
    The amount you see immediately to the right of taxExclusivePrice is the actual selling price of that item.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mtcards said:
    As said above, just about any "print" price guide will never be accurate as compared to ebay sold prices. Beckett and Tuff Stuff are complete jokes when it comes to pricing. Happened to see one at my local Kroger last week and noticed pricing for the 1991 UD High Series set showing $5-$8 for the set, yet lists the Pedro and some other rookie at $6-$10 EACH, when in reality none of those even sell for the low end pricing

Yeah you can still buy 1991 UD Final Edition sets for $1 each sometimes. Crazy low IMO.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 6:31PM

Hiya Joe

Here's a link to the PSA auction results for cards: LINK

I assume you're familiar with the "sold" function for items on eBay? LINK

Type in what you're looking for and "check off" SOLD:

Mike