Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Always wondered where this Ebayer get his cards on auction?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124523889394

He always seems to offer a lot of quality cards. Good deal? He seems to have large auctions twice a month.

Comments

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite is the seller with the name postgameshowdotnet. Almost 95% of what he lists for sale is either OC or has another qualifier but never lists the qualifier in the title. Plus he also always throws in a reprint of a Mantle rookie or something like that to draw eyes and does not clarify it is a reprint in the title. Only after his misleading titles draw you in do you realize it is not for a 1952 Mantle or 54 Aaron 🤣

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Norcal said:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/124523889394

He always seems to offer a lot of quality cards. Good deal? He seems to have large auctions twice a month.

Looks like the inventory of a card dealer. Don't like the cards in screw down holders. Lots of nice cards in rough condition or off centered.

I am sure you could make some money on that lot. Depends on how much you value your time.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

storage lockers.

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Get in tight with local top consignment/antique dealers. They get offered this type of stuff.
    Storage lockers too if you get lucky there. But they are few and far between.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see $5,450.00 in value there, but i do see $5,450.00 worth of fun. :)

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

The item description states he purchased the lot in a police auction.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like that's the third time he sold that same lot... either the buyers backed out twice or it's a fake listing. My guess is the latter.