Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

.5 Grade Prices

Does anyone know why PSA doesn't list .5 grade prices on their Auction Prices Realized for vintage cards? They also don't show PSA 10 prices.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are there, but they're blended in with the full grade (i.e. 8.5s show up under 8s).

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    They are there, but they're blended in with the full grade (i.e. 8.5s show up under 8s).

Sorry, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an example after I drill into 8s directly from an APR lookup, you can see the half grade options to click (if they've captured any in APR) ...

If you are switching from Pop to APR, things show up differently and the 8.5s are mixed in with the 8s.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see it now. Thanks. It doesn't look like the .5 or PSA 10 prices are included in my set values.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Slightly off topic, but does PSA actually give out many .5 grades? I just had 15 1975 Topps #320 Roses graded and didn't receive a single .5. I didn't get a half-grade for my last sub either which was 13 cards. I am not sure they hand out the .5s often and maybe some graders are more reluctant to do so than others? I know that there is no 9.5 grade but I have received many staight 8s and not a single one has had the .5 bump.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:
    Slightly off topic, but does PSA actually give out many .5 grades? I just had 15 1975 Topps #320 Roses graded and didn't receive a single .5. I didn't get a half-grade for my last sub either which was 13 cards. I am not sure they hand out the .5s often and maybe some graders are more reluctant to do so than others? I know that there is no 9.5 grade but I have received many staight 8s and not a single one has had the .5 bump.

I don't submit a lot of cards, but is seems some of the graders don't know the .5 exists.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:

While I do see a few (very few) half grades, I look at them and wonder why they thought they were strong for the grade (hence the .5 added). Most seem like the should have been a straight 8, 7 etc...

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2021 6:44PM

@NGS428 said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

While I do see a few (very few) half grades, I look at them and wonder why they thought they were strong for the grade (hence the .5 added). Most seem like the should have been a straight 8, 7 etc...

Yeah, I don't know either. I really didn't like when PSA went to half-grades but it seems like they don't really use them much anyway. I used to think that it was primarily centering but I don't think so anymore. This being said, I've had several strong PSA graded cards bump when I cracked and resubmitted (e.g., Mint 9 to Gem Mint 10) but have had zero luck with a simple in case review. Not even a half-point. I think sometimes you get lucky, sometimes unlucky.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I own two half grades out of the 300+ slabs I own. one was purchased and of the few thousand of cards ive subbed, ive only hit half grades 2 or 3 times.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

I receive half grades only when the grade is 0.5 below what I wanted, not 0.5 above what I thought it would be. :(

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a bunch on my last bulk sub. Was really happy to see them!