Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dallas Card Show Jan 29-31

The card show is actually in Allen, TX at the Delta Marriott Convention center. I will be setting up again. My question is anyone from here planning on attending?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

yes it has been so great

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1954 said:
    yes it has been so great

Do you set up a table? If you are roaming around come by and say hi

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

I will swing by.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    nauvcire1nauvcire1 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

Good autograph lineup !

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a good show. Good luck, and would love to see some pictures of your set up and the show if you get time to snap any.

• Options

@nam812 said:
    It looks like a good show. Good luck, and would love to see some pictures of your set up and the show if you get time to snap any.

I’ll try and throw a few up. It should be a mad house.

Mike

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to be there.

• Options

I head out tomorrow. If anyone plans on going feel free to message me. I am looking forward to it.

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plans have changed. Having to quarantine. I do plan to be at the next show though.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

What would a DCS 10 crossover to PSA?

• Options

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    What would a DCS 10 crossover to PSA?

Yeah the guy that put this thing together had the good fortune to fall backwards into how big it has gotten.

He has a small card shop in the area and he used to run a weekly show out of a few different hotel meeting rooms. Then he got hooked up with the folks at the Marriott convention center in Allen. Then COVID hit. Every other show got shutdown, and with the lax restrictions in North Texas, his grew. You would think COVID wasn’t a thing going to it.
    The grading thing is a joke to me, but you would be amazed that he actually has people that take them up on it.

Anyway it should be a great show and can’t wait to get rolling

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

If I were a bit closer, I'd check it out.

• Options

The show was insane. People stacked upon people. I started rolling a little before noon on Friday and did not slow down. By early afternoon Saturday I already sold all I wanted to. I made a deal with a fellow Louisiana native and picked up a card I have been wanting for a while and then I was able to make a deal right before heading out to knock two major wants off my list with another vintage card collector that I dealt with last show

I headed out Saturday afternoon took the rest of the day to decompress. Got back home around lunch time today.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Wow!!! Sounds like that show has exploded. I assume dealer to dealer transactions 2 hours before opening doors. I'm in Louisiana .... Lake Charles (hurricane central last year). Was talking with a buddy from Oregon last night and he mentioned that he knew someone that was attending the Dallas show. Nice pick-ups, sounds like you did well. Might have to attend the next show although the Tri-Star in Houston is much closer. Probably have to triple "my budget" to have any fun.

Laissez les bon temps rouler

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    Wow!!! Sounds like that show has exploded. I assume dealer to dealer transactions 2 hours before opening doors. I'm in Louisiana .... Lake Charles (hurricane central last year). Was talking with a buddy from Oregon last night and he mentioned that he knew someone that was attending the Dallas show. Nice pick-ups, sounds like you did well. Might have to attend the next show although the Tri-Star in Houston is much closer. Probably have to triple "my budget" to have any fun.

Laissez les bon temps rouler

Tri Star moved to June. I usually go but do not set up. This show is better for dealers because no huge autograph guests sucking money out of your potential customers. I took deals. I was there to sell with a goal in mind. Move stuff to get into things I wanted more and create a buffer for when and if all of my subs hit my credit card. Next show is at the end of March in Dallas. If I do not get subs back I will still go to keep my spot but I can’t see the demand for this show staying as strong if you are doing every 2 months. It should be quarterly at most. I have certain guys that buy from me every show but at this one I dealt with collectors that came in from New York, Washington State, Minnesota, California, Nevada, and Florida on larger deals. I don’t see standard collectors flying in every 2 months to drop thousands. Dealers and flippers yes. Collectors no.

• Options
    nauvcire1nauvcire1 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

I had a good time and brought home some good stuff

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Glad you guys got your show in!
    Man, I can't wait for the Philly show. I'm sure it will be madness!

• Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2021 1:02PM

Agreed!!

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have any pics of the insanity?!

• Options

@NGS428 said:

I may have a few. I did not leave my booth except to grab a few things.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

There are a few videos of the show on YouTube if you are interested.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:

@NGS428 said:

There are a few videos of the show on YouTube if you are interested.

Thanks! I will take a look.