Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie Card PSA 9

Just curious about the wide discrepancy on sold Jordan Fleer rookie cards (PSA 9).
This one sold for only $8,000 on ebay while others seem to be selling for $40K+.
Is the quality not really a PSA 9?

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

I’m pretty positive those “sales” of $8000 aren’t real. I’ve noticed some of those listings over the last year. I assume it’s a scam if not outright fraud of some sort.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

There is a lot of price manipulation going on, both up and down

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

well that one is way off centered, but yes, scams galore too.

• Options
    hslicehslice Posts: 74 ✭✭

Really scam? Sorry if this sounds silly but it was listed as sold on ebay. Just trying to understand things. Here's a snapshot

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Unless the seller was completely naïve to the market. I suspect scam tho

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hslice said:
    Really scam? Sorry if this sounds silly but it was listed as sold on ebay. Just trying to understand things. Here's a snapshot

correct, it wasn't sold from best buy, walmart or target.

and an ebay listing is really not all that different from a craigslist listing. ebay is full of scammers, both buyers AND sellers.

• Options

ah interesting. I guess I never thought of ebay as craiglist. Thanks for the perspective guys. I was just curious on that one particular listing and why it was different. I'm not really an avid collector but I have a few cards including the Fleer Jordan rookie card PSA9 and all my friends are encouraging me to sell before the card market tanks.

• Options

@hslice said:
    ah interesting. I guess I never thought of ebay as craiglist. Thanks for the perspective guys. I was just curious on that one particular listing and why it was different. I'm not really an avid collector but I have a few cards including the Fleer Jordan rookie card PSA9 and all my friends are encouraging me to sell before the card market tanks.

Congrats with the big score. It's currently at least a $25k card. If you're not attached to it or a collector/hobbyist, get it to a consigner on ebay or auction house. You got plenty of time; the market won't be crashing overnight

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2021 7:50PM

there’s a dude on eBay that does this every day. he hijacks eBay and PayPal accounts, then links them and list cards for a too good to be real price.

he’s not even trying to steal the money, it reminds me of the movie fight club “project mayhem”

if you see something selling for super cheap 99% it’s this dude

he got me once and after a lady called me asking why I sent her thousands of dollars lol

somehow he can hack eBay and PayPal account passwords.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:
    there’s a dude on eBay that does this every day. he hijacks eBay and PayPal accounts, then links them and list cards for a too good to be real price.

he’s not even trying to steal the money, it reminds me of the movie fight club “project mayhem”

if you see something selling for super cheap 99% it’s this dude

he got me once and after a lady called me asking why I sent her thousands of dollars lol

somehow he can hack eBay and PayPal account passwords.

I don't understand. Why is a person hacking eBay and PayPal and then the money not get sent to him? Is he doing it for kicks? What is in it for him? Am I missing something?

Shane

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I can’t tell you how much I think about this poorly timed sale I had:

Michael Jordan Rookie Card Fleer PSA9

Sale Price: $2,975.01
    Item #: 322837977108
    Date Sold: 10/26/2017
    Quantity Sold: 1
    Buyer: bigboydsportscards1 (1802Red Star) 100% Contact Buyer
    Views: 337
    Watchers: 35

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

PWCC PSA 9 just hammered at $42,600.....

• Options

Unbelievable. How long ago that was a 10 price

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weakly centered 9. A nice one would push 50K now

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2021 8:57PM

I had a 86 jordan psa RC collecting dust with no offers for months lol consigned it and it went for 2x the bin I had.

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

I cringe reading this post since I owned but sold a 9 six years ago. Tears

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2021 9:40PM

I remember back about 2015 in which a collector on this board sold a stunning PSA-10 1986 Michael Jordan #57 for a cool price of $10k. Today...that card is fetching $200k and the seller probably is experiencing a flash flood of tear drops!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:
    I had a 86 jordan psa RC collecting dust with no offers for months lol consigned it and it went for 2x the bin I had.

Lol that's crazy.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I remember back about 2015 in which a collector on this board sold a stunning PSA-10 1986 Michael Jordan #57 for a cool price of $10k. Today...that card is fetching $200k and the seller probably is experiencing a flash flood of tear drops!

He invested that 10k in Tesla stock.

• Options

Yowza. Latest hammer on the PSA 9 just closed at $61,000.

Where does this end?

• Options
    edited January 21, 2021 5:02PM

T

• Options

I wonder how many PSA10's there are..

• Options

As of today:

316 10’s
    2762 9’s

• Options

Question, how to the auction houses work. How much of a cut do they take? It seems buying or selling on Ebay with those kid of figures would be dangerous. I'd be afraid if I bought something at that price and transferred the money I would never see the card, or it would be a fake.

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

Consignment fees depend on the specific auction house and the item’s hammer price. In the case of a PSA 9 Jordan PWCC, for instance, would take 8% (as it would for anything selling in excess of $5000.).

• Options

Thanks. I have a Jordan rookie I'm looking to sell. It's being graded and I'm figuring it might come in at a 6-8. What would you guys/girls do? You think an auction might command more price, or best to just sell it independently?