Wonder if this sale is legitimate

JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
edited January 14, 2021 11:06AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Double what it usually sells for.

Comments

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭

my 9 is centered better......

• daltexdaltex Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Did I miss something? I didn't see a sale on the link.

• JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 443 ✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    Did I miss something? I didn't see a sale on the link.

Fixed.

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭

I would not pay $40 to ship a PSA card on principal. (Well, maybe if it's a $50 card that I got for $5 but come on!)

Daniel
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    I would not pay $40 to ship a PSA card on principal. (Well, maybe if it's a $50 card that I got for $5 but come on!)

I sold a card this year and charged $100 to ship it insured and lost money. I think most don’t realize how expensive it actually is.

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I agree that would be a pretty big jump in price, or maybe the buyer knows that he will make the Hall of Fame in a week?

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:

@BaltimoreYankee said:

I sold a card this year and charged $100 to ship it insured and lost money. I think most don’t realize how expensive it actually is.

what was the insured value??? I ship boxes of cards and routinely insure for $2000 and it costs me like $20-25.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@BaltimoreYankee said:

what was the insured value??? I ship boxes of cards and routinely insure for $2000 and it costs me like $20-25.

$7,700

Shipped overnight. Was $107. Insurance was like $70 range.

It’s not cheap to ship valuable stuff.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2021 8:22PM

collectibles insurance. $70 woulda prolly covered 2-3 months of premium on a $500k policy.

biggest perk is it covers packages incoming and outgoing w only 2 hoops to jump thru vs a million thru usps/ups/fedex. and those will get denied if you don't give up first. the on-the-phone-hold-time is only about 10 mins vs 10 hours too.

the best ability is availability.

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    collectibles insurance. $70 woulda prolly covered 2-3 months of premium on a $500k policy.

biggest perk is it covers packages incoming and outgoing w only 2 hoops to jump thru vs a million thru usps/ups/fedex. and those will get denied if you don't give up first. the on-the-phone-hold-time is only about 10 mins vs 10 hours too.

Any chance you can share who you use for Collectibles Insurance? I need to bite the bullet given this run up in prices.

Thanks,
    John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2021 12:43PM

https://collectinsure.com/sports

i'm in hurricane alley, so they cover anything but rising water.

zero real complaints. only thing is having to document any single item over $5k. which changes quite frequently and sometimes overnight these days. supposedly that fig is getting up'd, but zero notification so far.

the best ability is availability.