Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Got this Ebay warning message today about managed payments

''You missed the deadline to update your account details, but don’t worry-we’re giving you more time. Update your account details by January 20, 2021, or your ability to revise or relist existing listings, or create new listings will be disabled. Don’t wait!''

Comments

  • ElvisPElvisP Posts: 896 ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021 11:08PM

    You gotta go if you want to continue selling on ebay. Sorry. Been there done that. I didn’t think I would like it but so far it hadn’t been bad. My funds are in my bank account in one day after I get the “we’ve sent your payout” email.

  • Managed payments are complete garbage. I used to be paid immediately. Now you have to wait forever to get paid. I sold an item last Thursday and didn't get my money until yesterday. 6 days is crap. Id rather pay a few dollars more to have my money immediately.

  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I got the same email yesterday, two days after I bit the bullet and already signed up. :s It doesn't give me great hope about the program.

  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I never signed up for it and will not. eBay is strictly a place for me to buy when I cannot find it anywhere else. If I feel like I need them to sell again then I will bow to their terms but I do not see it as being a seller friendly environment for cards so I pass.

    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

    @rexvos said:
    I never signed up for it and will not. eBay is strictly a place for me to buy when I cannot find it anywhere else. If I feel like I need them to sell again then I will bow to their terms but I do not see it as being a seller friendly environment for cards so I pass.

    What format do you feel is better?
    From someone who doesn’t sell much.

  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Goldenage said:

    @rexvos said:
    I never signed up for it and will not. eBay is strictly a place for me to buy when I cannot find it anywhere else. If I feel like I need them to sell again then I will bow to their terms but I do not see it as being a seller friendly environment for cards so I pass.

    What format do you feel is better?
    From someone who doesn’t sell much.

    I sell graded at shows Myslabs.com Facebook and occasionally blowout message board or here. Never had a problem moving anything.

    Raw i sell on Sportlots as well as lower end graded via Sportlots auctions.

    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭✭

    couldn't speak more highly about the program. you guys are gonna love it!

    the best ability is availability.

  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2021 5:59AM

    @rexvos said:

    @Goldenage said:

    @rexvos said:
    I never signed up for it and will not. eBay is strictly a place for me to buy when I cannot find it anywhere else. If I feel like I need them to sell again then I will bow to their terms but I do not see it as being a seller friendly environment for cards so I pass.

    What format do you feel is better?
    From someone who doesn’t sell much.

    I sell graded at shows Myslabs.com Facebook and occasionally blowout message board or here. Never had a problem moving anything.

    Raw i sell on Sportlots as well as lower end graded via Sportlots auctions.

    Is sportslots cool?

  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @coolstanley said:

    @rexvos said:

    @Goldenage said:

    @rexvos said:
    I never signed up for it and will not. eBay is strictly a place for me to buy when I cannot find it anywhere else. If I feel like I need them to sell again then I will bow to their terms but I do not see it as being a seller friendly environment for cards so I pass.

    What format do you feel is better?
    From someone who doesn’t sell much.

    I sell graded at shows Myslabs.com Facebook and occasionally blowout message board or here. Never had a problem moving anything.

    Raw i sell on Sportlots as well as lower end graded via Sportlots auctions.

    Is sportslots cool?

    Depends on how you look at it and the volume you have to sell. It is the best current solution for me. I have over 715,000 cards listed in inventory though

    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • I've had no problems so far. Payment in 1-2 days tops. Even a partial refund I issued went through without a hitch.

  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭

    So far ebay cannot figure out how to get me paid to my bank account. Nobody can help. Not even managed payments division. Apparently its an IT thing

    Been 8 weeks now and no payment for sales. I can't list anything more yet ebay keeps taking out their $22 /month

    I am so pissed. I have to have had 15+ hours on the phone.

    At this point I probably need to get a lawyer.

    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2021 4:51AM

    It amazes me that some people have had no problems and yet with others MP's have been a nightmare. Went to the ebay message forums and looks like many people don't like the new payment system.

  • dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2021 8:25AM

    @PatriotPat said:
    Managed payments are complete garbage. I used to be paid immediately. Now you have to wait forever to get paid. I sold an item last Thursday and didn't get my money until yesterday. 6 days is crap. Id rather pay a few dollars more to have my money immediately.

    I set my payouts to daily, and I got my first managed payment payout in under 24 hours from when they sent it. you can adjust your payout from daily to weekly. sounds like yours is set to weekly.

    the only crappy part is waiting for the bank to PayPal transfer which takes a few days if thats your end goal. but the ebay to bank account payment was quick.

    myslabs.to/smzcards

  • Can anybody answer this one for me - can you chose to keep the payments in your eBay account and not move them to your bank? For instance, with PayPal I would keep the sold money and use that balance to buy more, not touching my bank account. My worry is eBay will make automatically deposit the money for me when I would rather hold and use the money for more cards.

  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cardman99 said:
    Can anybody answer this one for me - can you chose to keep the payments in your eBay account and not move them to your bank? For instance, with PayPal I would keep the sold money and use that balance to buy more, not touching my bank account. My worry is eBay will make automatically deposit the money for me when I would rather hold and use the money for more cards.

    Nope, welcome to the new world.

  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭

    I opened a separate bank account for JUST card sales and purchases. That's what is attached to my ebay managed payments. Never had a problem. The wife also stays out of it, which is nice. LOL

  • swish54swish54 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭

    @jeffcbay said:
    I opened a separate bank account for JUST card sales and purchases. That's what is attached to my ebay managed payments. Never had a problem. The wife also stays out of it, which is nice. LOL

    That's what I did as well. No way I was going to give Ebay access to my main accounts.

Sign In or Register to comment.