Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS TrueView - Guess The Grades - 4 Coins - RESULTS POSTED

jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 6, 2021 6:08AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I grade them Genuine common dates that were held in cheap marking holders worth melt. That said I could see them in AU58-62 holders as NT full knowing the bar for what constitutes attract toning on the series is very low.

1.Au58 Rub on cheek / strike limited (rev look baked/AT to me)
    2.Ms62 hits on face
    3.Ms62
    4.Ms62 Darker in hand and low luster

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crypto said:
    I grade them Genuine common dates that were held in cheap marking holders worth melt. That said I could see them in AU58-62 holders as NT full knowing the bar for what constitutes attract toning on the series is very low.

2.Ms62 hits on face
    3.Ms62

You forgot to have your coffee before reading the forum this morning. Oh wait, that's right you're a tea drinker >:)

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 55
    2 62
    3 64
    4 64

Collector, occasional seller

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crypto said:

2.Ms62 hits on face
    3.Ms62

That's a cute response. They are indeed "common dates", and yes, Peace Dollars rarely tone as well as Morgans and other series. However, my original post did not solicit your thoughts on the toning or the rarity of date. But thanks for your comments.

And obviously i left the pcgs numbers on the images, so try not to cheat, lol.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jerseycat101 said:
    And obviously i left the pcgs numbers on the images, so try not to cheat, lol.

Too late, no guess.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any chance you could link to larger photos so we can guess without seeing the grades?

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:
    Any chance you could link to larger photos so we can guess without seeing the grades?

The URL for a max resolution TV of cert # XXXXXXXX is:

https://images.pcgs.com/TrueView/XXXXXXXX_max.jpg

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

58 (possibly net graded to 55 for the scratch on the cheek - I don't think it is fatal based on other straight graded coins I've seen)

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins! B)

• coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭

Consecutive serial numbers, no less. If they all straight graded, that was a very nice batch.

55 64 65 64

1. AU-55
    2. UNC Details - Scratched
    3. UNC Details - Cleaned
    4. MS-64

Quite disappointed by the sub. There is a small scratch on coin #2 on the cheek, never imagined it would amount to a bodybag. I am unable to find cleaning on #3, but perhaps something happened when the tape was removed from the reverse.

Interesting planchet defect/lamination on coin #3 on the reverse near "PEACE".

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jerseycat101 said:
    1. AU-55
    3. UNC Details - Cleaned
    4. MS-64

Quite disappointed by the sub. There is a small scratch on coin #2 on the cheek, never imagined it would amount to a bodybag. I am unable to find cleaning on #3, but perhaps something happened when the tape was removed from the reverse.

Cute set of grades

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jerseycat101 said:
    1. AU-55
    3. UNC Details - Cleaned
    4. MS-64

Huh.. I am also surprised that small scratch on #2 sent it home in a details holder. Not sure about #3, must be something somewhere.

Collector, occasional seller

@Crypto said:

@jerseycat101 said:
    1. AU-55
    3. UNC Details - Cleaned
    4. MS-64

Cute set of grades

We get it. You presumably have a lot of money and can buy big coins. I am middle-class, so I enjoy my "cute" coins. Sorry they don't pass your muster.

• ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crypto said:

@jerseycat101 said:
    1. AU-55
    3. UNC Details - Cleaned
    4. MS-64

Cute set of grades

That's something new nice. Do you open up your submission box and say i got some pretty grades this time? LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file