Home Sports Talk

Happy New Year sports talk buddies!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year everyone. Where were you last night when 2021 began? Do you have any resolutions or goals for this year?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 3:10AM

I was at a friends home last night when 2021 officially began. We had a little party, and there was free beer. Metallica was on the sound system! Metallica is awesome. Not many people know this, but Metallica is so awesome, they opened for Jesus's birth!

edited January 1, 2021 3:28AM

I was also on my smartphone last night making a deal with a friend in England. I purchased one of the rarest and most hard to find Joe Louis cards. I've been looking for this card for years, and finally have it. It's the 1949 Victorian Nut Joe Louis!

Beer, Metallica, and Joe Louis. This year started off great!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy new year buddy and congratulations on your pick up. That’s a great card

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

I just noticed you joined 3/2019 and have 8,000 posts. I joined 16 years ago and 3000 posts. I need to pick up the pace!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces, Happy New year to you as well! Yeah, getting a rare Joe Louis card is a great start to the year, I'm really pumped up about it! I didn't realize I had that many posts, this is the result of having way too much time on my hands!
    😂😂😂😂

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year guys 🍻🍾🎊🇺🇸

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year!

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

Happy New Year! Kept a low profile but we stayed up until 1.

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I just noticed you joined 3/2019 and have 8,000 posts. I joined 16 years ago and 3000 posts. I need to pick up the pace!

12.2 posts per day - wow.

@VikingDude said:

@2dueces said:

12.2 posts per day - wow.

Compared to my .51 a day. This year is really the only time I’ve been super active on here and only recently on Sports Talk. I went through a lull in collecting for about 10 years focusing on my art collection. My biggest acquisition this year is a signed mixed medium Pierre Auguste Renoir.

W.C.Fields
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year. In bed by 10PM.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

HNY.....

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year guys. Had little interest in watching any festivities sans the crowd. In bed around 10:30.

Predictions:
    Clemson beats Ohio State...who, IMO, with only having played 6 games, shouldn't be in the top ten.
    Alabama easily handles Notre Dame
    Georgia covers Cincinnati

Red Sox fans will not soon forgive Cora, he'll hear the boo birds. Red Sox will not have a good 2021. Pedroia laughs all the way to the bank...and will fade when his cash flow ends. Others will be gone before 2022 season. Beer cost and parking will go up, as if they weren't crazy enough already.

As mentioned in another thread...Julian Edelman has played his last game as a Patriot and will sign with the Bucs. The Brady/Gronk/Edelman trifecta is too powerful to pass up.

edited January 1, 2021 10:01AM

I only average 12.2 posts per day. Not good. Definately disappointed in myself. No good slacker. I want to average no less than 50 posts a day!

@doubledragon said:
    I only average 12.2 posts per day. Not good. Definately disappointed in myself. No good slacker. I want to average no less than 50 posts a day!

Stop taking a day off! 24/7 buddy,, 24/7.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Stop taking a day off! 24/7 buddy,, 24/7.

I'm going to have to pick up the pace. I want to reach 25,000 posts before the year is over!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

if I figured correctly I'm averaging about .72 posts per day.
    I am now closing in on Pete Rose's all time hits mark. :D

Double D- I think you have a chance to pass Drew Bree's all time passing yards record.
    He currently stands at 80,157. If you apply yourself and use your skills to the best of
    your ability I believe you can pick up your pace and pass Bree's in 7-8 years.
    Of course he might still be playing in 7-8 years so good luck with that. :p

Happy new year everyone!!

Interesting topic the post count is. Can we see an all time list of active posters?

There's a guy on the coin forum that has over 78,000 posts. I think he's been a member since 2001.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 1:21PM

Happy New Year!

My wife got me this. A compete surprise. Hope to ride in 2021 in a good way

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@doubledragon said:
    There's a guy on the coin forum that has over 78,000 posts. I think he's been a member since 2001.

That’s like a full time job lol

edited January 1, 2021 12:50PM

Oh and I received this as well. I was in a position to help out our local police force with masks ( I had thousands too many and they had none) and they gifted me this

Edited the plaque just in case DD is some sort of Internet creeper in disguise. I've watched way too much Forensics Files in quarantine.

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman, That is awesome!

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

That's funny

Ricko is his name. He actually gets upset when some brouhaha happens and he's not online for that one hour

m

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I'll be reaching 8,000 soon, someday I hope to reach 100,000. It's my dream.