Home Sports Talk

just in case Darin thinks i'm the resident Chiefs hater

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

not only did i drive all over kansas for months during a pandemic yelling out your name, but i was also one of very few who believed in your boys last year

(next week i'm gonna create a new poll for this year's playoffs)

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 7:40PM

Even the (banned) guys couldn't agree

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 5:58PM

Wow, I didn't realize that I've been posting here a year already. It seems like just yesterday that I started posting here. Time flies by so fast. I'm looking forward to another year of non-stop insanity. Maybe this year, I'll finally get around to cleaning out my emails.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had forgotten about that poll. The Chiefs only came in at 12%.
    Well done Galaxy, I'm sure I can count on you to go with the Chiefs again this year. :*

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really thought Baltimore last year, I’m usually wrong.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 8:27PM

Wait, didn't the Vikings win it all last year?

Sorry guys, here we say "Wait until next year!"

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

I think Andy Reid is making the right call in resting Mahomes and some of the other starters.
    It does mean they will have basically 3 weeks off (20 days).
    But Reid would take some serious flak if Mahomes , Kelce, Hill, Jones, Mathieu etc. played and
    suffered a serious injury.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I think Andy Reid is making the right call in resting Mahomes and some of the other starters.
    But Reid would take some serious flak if Mahomes , Kelce, Hill, Jones, Mathieu etc. played and

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Out of the last 4 teams that rested their starters and then had the bye, 3 of them lost that game including the 15-1 Packers. 20 days off is a long time plus KC wasn’t playing very well in December. Just an interesting fact.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@Darin said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Out of the last 4 teams that rested their starters and then had the bye, 3 of them lost that game including the 15-1 Packers. 20 days off is a long time plus KC wasn’t playing very well in December. Just an interesting fact.

I was kind of hoping the Chiefs would have something to play for this Sunday. :)
    You're right the offense has been flat although the defense played very well against Atlanta.
    Hope they're not too rusty when the starters finally play again.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Players like routines. That’s why that is more important than fans for home games. Your own bed, your workout facilities. Your kitchen for breakfast etc. that’s why I believe McDermitt will play his starters a half. My fingers are crossed every game. Beasley got hurt in garbage time and is week to week. I just hope McDermitt tell Josh to throw it away and don’t take the hits. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

2deuces- The Bills are locked in as the 2 seed right? Nothing to gain with a win?
    Yes it will be interesting to see what the Bills decide to do.
    Playing a half might be the best way to play it and I agree tell Josh if the pressure starts coming
    get rid of it. Maybe that's what they should do with Mahomes.
    I don't really care about Mahomes winning MVP, and Rodgers has it locked up now anyway,
    but I was kind of hoping Mahomes would lead the league in passing yards. He threw for over
    5,000 in 2018 but Big Ben threw for a few more yards that year.
    This year Mahomes has a nice lead but Deshaun Watson could pass him in the last game. Oh well. :#

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 10:44AM

@Darin said:
    2deuces- The Bills are locked in as the 2 seed right? Nothing to gain with a win?
    Yes it will be interesting to see what the Bills decide to do.
    Playing a half might be the best way to play it and I agree tell Josh if the pressure starts coming

The Bills get the #2 with a win or a Steelers
    loss. They are currently both 12-3.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually feel like it is the wrong call to rest players. most of the guys need the routine and 3 weeks is too much. they should be using this week as a way to put together a dominant offensive game to give the players confidence. they have been pretty flat the last month. they will be rusty after 3 weeks.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Wow, I didn't realize that I've been posting here a year already. It seems like just yesterday that I started posting here. Time flies by so fast. I'm looking forward to another year of non-stop insanity. Maybe this year, I'll finally get around to cleaning out my emails.

It feels like about 10 years to me :D