Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading Newbie - Help

Hey guys, a couple local friends have convinced me to join them in our first ever PSA subs. Hoping that an opinion from the incredible group of experts can be offered on this Larkin. Not my card. Do you think the ever so slight chipping push this into 8/9?

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

Comments

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Card looks very clean. Only potential issues keeping it from PSA 10 could be slight chipping on bottom edge and maybe a few print dots in the Reds logo area. Looks like a solid PSA 9 with an outside chance at a 10. Nice card!

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

One thing to consider is that, based on ebay sales, most PSA 9's of that card have been selling for under $11, so unless you have a legit shot at a 10, it wouldnt be worth sending in.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless someone just want this card graded, it's not worth it money wise. However, if it's for their personal collection, they might enjoy having it in a slab!

Looks nearly perfectly centered.

PSA seems to be giving out 10's only to near perfect cards. If you notice chipping, the only way it gets a 10 is if the grader misses it.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

concur with it being cost prohibitive. risk vs reward isn't there.

imo it's an 8 at best. chipping, corners are nice but not daggered and looks like some pd around the reds logo.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys, appreciate the guidance. Here’s another. Just looking for opinions on centering.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

8 or 9

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@NJ80sBBC said:
    Thanks guys, appreciate the guidance. Here’s another. Just looking for opinions on centering.

I have this card and also plan to submit it. I'm not home so I can't scan it in but the corners on mine are super sharp. I'm not sure if it is the resolution on your photo or not but a couple of corners look very slightly dulled. On mine, I'm expecting a 9 because there is a minor flaw in the gloss. I'm trying to prepare myself for an 8 but I admit I'll be disappointed.

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

@NJ80sBBC said:
    Hey guys, a couple local friends have convinced me to join them in our first ever PSA subs. Hoping that an opinion from the incredible group of experts can be offered on this Larkin. Not my card. Do you think the ever so slight chipping push this into 8/9?

Curb your Enthusiasm.

chaz