PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 5:35PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Comments

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2022 5:35PM

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think of the nick in the rim ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im telling you, folks are inheriting coin collections from family members when they pass and most dont have a clue as to what they have, now most of the time its junk, but sometimes its not. This is why stuff turns up like this and listed, those are the ones who decided ebay was the way to go, at least then they have a chance to get a fair price if buyers happen to see like above. Just last week, lady comes in with small bag full of flying eagle cents, low and behold 1856 in there. I could have been a real dck and paid 15-20 bucks for it, and made a ton. But being an honest guy, i paid her 7,200 for the coin. should grade Vf-25. s-9

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    Im telling you, folks are inheriting coin collections from family members when they pass and most dont have a clue as to what they have, now most of the time its junk, but sometimes its not. This is why stuff turns up like this and listed, those are the ones who decided ebay was the way to go, at least then they have a chance to get a fair price if buyers happen to see like above. Just last week, lady comes in with small bag full of flying eagle cents, low and behold 1856 in there. I could have been a real dck and paid 15-20 bucks for it, and made a ton. But being an honest guy, i paid her 7,200 for the coin. should grade Vf-25. s-9

Wowee

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.