Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SOLD

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

SOLD

Yorkshireman,
Obsessed “Master Collector” of pieces of history.
Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits



Yorkshireman's Box of 20

Comments

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2020 7:42PM

    Thanks for your help looking forward to reading it all winter with some good coffee and my cat beside me at the fireplace.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 1:13PM

    If you can send me the tracking number threw PM that would be appreciated so I can write it down. Thanks and I appreciate all your help.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 12:00PM

    Thanks for sending the tracking.

  • Will let you know once it arrives.

  • You sent me a tracking number that does not work it has 16 digits UPS tracking has 18.

    This is the message I get when putting the tracking number in

    Please correct the following errors

    The tracking number you entered is not valid. Please review or contact the sender to verify the number.

  • This whole transaction feels off.

  • If you can't get this right I am going to have PayPal step in and issue me a full refund this is 250$ Canadian.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 2:39PM

    First you lose the receipt with the tracking number then you magically find it once I start complaining of the forum then you send me a tracking that does work.

  • Oh now you send me the one that works. Never again.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 2:59PM

    Hey you may have a great reputation here (and I have no doubt about that and neither should people on this board I am not here to ruin your reputation that is not my style) but it is obvious me and you just can't get along. And the only way to get a proper reaction out of you was to post here on the public forum. I will let you know once the book arrives and that will be that.

    I am also a honest buyer and seller just as my eBay account of 1015 feedback (all 100% positive) can attest to. Yes some times as a buyer I can 2nd guess and 3rd myself guess before actually buying and I am aware that is one of my weaknesses. I try to work on that. Should I have made you go threw loops for this transaction no I should have not. But I was not sure since been a rookie to 8 Reales I wanted to go down the road to collect this series since there seems to be 1000 pieces and not a single person has ever put the whole set together and rare coins seem to almost never come up for sale. Was I easy on you no I was not do I apologize yes I do. Do I regret acting the way I did yes very much. I just needed to make 100% sure I wanted a book that cost 250$ Canadian. That may not be much for most but it is for me.

  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That escalated quickly.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021 6:19PM

    @TwoKopeiki said:
    That escalated quickly.

    It will pass me and him will just leave each other alone. No big deal happens. He got paid and my book is in the mail. I truly have nothing against him as long as my book arrives then like 2 adults we will just move along.

  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 5:57PM

    Maybe one day the package will start moving. I see the shipping label date changed today from January 1st 2021to the 4th and the weight changed from 5 lbs to 4.5 lbs. But says it was shipped out on December 31st 2020. Baby steps!!! I will only play this little game for so long.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 5:57PM

    @Boosibri said:
    Yikes

    @Boosibri said:
    Yikes

    This is a rare transaction probably the weirdest I have had in 5 years easy. As long as the book arrives in the condition described all will be OK on my end. Otherwise I will have PayPal step in.

  • ajaanajaan Posts: 16,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    Maybe one day the package will start moving. I see the shipping label date changed today from January 1st 2021to the 4th and the weight changed from 5 lbs to 4.5 lbs. But says it was shipped out on December 31st 2020. Baby steps!!! I will only play this little game for so long.

    I had a package sent by Yorkshireman take 14 days to get to me in Western New York. If you are in Canada don't hold your breath waiting for it. Mail is very slow.


    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 7:04PM

    @ajaan said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    Maybe one day the package will start moving. I see the shipping label date changed today from January 1st 2021to the 4th and the weight changed from 5 lbs to 4.5 lbs. But says it was shipped out on December 31st 2020. Baby steps!!! I will only play this little game for so long.

    I had a package sent by Yorkshireman take 14 days to get to me in Western New York. If you are in Canada don't hold your breath waiting for it. Mail is very slow.

    Was sent UPS it is much faster to get threw Canadian customs. I would not have used USPS this time of year. Only FeDex or UPS. It now says arrival will be January 7th could be the 8th but UPS are fast no matter the time of year.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2021 11:40AM

    Just to let the forum know book arrived as described and all is OK. Thanks to the seller and sorry for all the trouble we went threw. I am no thief or liar just was not sure at first I wanted this book due to the series having so many coins and by it's size it was intimidating and was not sure at all if I would be happy. It is not a cheap book almost 250$ Canadian all-in. I had to be 100% sure I would be committed. But I am very happy with it.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Damn Jeff that was stellar! Happy New Year my furry badger friend

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2021 5:01PM

    Thanks for the input much appreciated. I am collecting 1/2 reales cobs and 1732-1822. I am also collecting the 8 reales cobs and 1732-1824 then anything after that date will have to be considered very scarce or rarer based on my new book or I will not buy it. Hopefully I will be able to add numerical grades but if rare enough I will be happy simply with a authentic example. I will stay away from common to scarce coins there are just to many of them. One last series I am also collecting are the 1 Peso silver with the balance on the coins not the series that comes after that. And finally I will continue buying a few gold coins from Mexico (Peso gold) and Spain ( Escudo) each year. All this will keep me busy for decades exactly what I am looking for. I will also keep buying books on Mexican coins to learn the most I possibly can.

  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Justacommeman said:
    Damn Jeff that was stellar! Happy New Year my furry badger friend

    m

    Thanks, Mark! Happy New Year to you as well. Glad to see you back from your hiatus!!

    For whatever reason I was in one of those writing modes very early this morning and I thought it would be good to pass along a few ideas to our collecting friend who I think was feeling a bit intimidated by the size of the cap and rays 8R series.

    BTW, you a Dodgers guy being from Cali? If so, congrats on finally winning that chip in such an odd season. Saw today that we unfortunately lost Tommy Lasorda.

    Take care,

    Jeff

  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What a long, strange trip it’s been:
    130 messages, 4 decision changes, and me being the victim of several threats brought on by the accidental omission of a digit in a 16 digit tracking code and shipping times over which I had no control, the sale was finally completed.
    Glad that’s over!

    Yorkshireman,
    Obsessed “Master Collector” of pieces of history.
    Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits



    Yorkshireman's Box of 20
  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 5:40PM

    @Yorkshireman said:
    What a long, strange trip it’s been:
    130 messages, 4 decision changes, and me being the victim of several threats brought on by the accidental omission of a digit in a 16 digit tracking code and shipping times over which I had no control, the sale was finally completed.
    Glad that’s over!

    Threats I never did that except say I would write here on the forum (oh then magically you had the proper tracking oppps must have fell in the toilet after the dog ate it.....oh I loved the one you can't find it in your own car then waste my time with a 16 digit when UPS uses 18 you full of it) because you where playing games because you where mad at me for debating so long about buying the book or not. Geez poor little saint you are such the little victim. Wish you could have been as polite as as was after the crap you pulled on your end. Big tough guy said you better take off your messages on the boards or else....you and YOUR threats. Mister I know the administrators and will get you into trouble when they get back on Monday (I wrote to you on Saturday).

    Same here worst transaction I have had in 10 years easy. Anyways mister ''LA VICTIME'' not in the mood to play cat fights with another grown man.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • I enjoy coin forum drama more than collecting coins

  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You can’t make this stuff up!

    Yorkshireman,
    Obsessed “Master Collector” of pieces of history.
    Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits



    Yorkshireman's Box of 20
  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 8:47PM

    I see you got all your friends on board like a little napoleon. PATHETIC!!! We agreed the sale was done and we would just not talk to one and other but like a little wannabe victim you just can't move on. I even tried to make you look good here but noooo you must act a fool.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 8:57PM

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I see you got all your friends on board like a little napoleon. PATHETIC!!! We agreed the sale was done and we would just not talk to one and other but like a little wannabe victim you just can't move on. I even tried to make you look good here but noooo you must act a fool.

    You gotta let it go. Now

    It's over

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • @Justacommeman said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I see you got all your friends on board like a little napoleon. PATHETIC!!! We agreed the sale was done and we would just not talk to one and other but like a little wannabe victim you just can't move on. I even tried to make you look good here but noooo you must act a fool.

    You gotta let it go. Now

    m

    How about him? Why just me?

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:

    @Justacommeman said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I see you got all your friends on board like a little napoleon. PATHETIC!!! We agreed the sale was done and we would just not talk to one and other but like a little wannabe victim you just can't move on. I even tried to make you look good here but noooo you must act a fool.

    You gotta let it go. Now

    m

    How about him? Why just me?

    It takes two to tango

    se détendre!

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 9:06PM

    @Justacommeman said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:

    @Justacommeman said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I see you got all your friends on board like a little napoleon. PATHETIC!!! We agreed the sale was done and we would just not talk to one and other but like a little wannabe victim you just can't move on. I even tried to make you look good here but noooo you must act a fool.

    You gotta let it go. Now

    m

    How about him? Why just me?

    It takes two to tango

    se détendre!

    m

    I stopped days ago he jumps in today tell him to stop as well. I am ready and have been ready to move on.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:

    @Justacommeman said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:

    @Justacommeman said:

    @KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I see you got all your friends on board like a little napoleon. PATHETIC!!! We agreed the sale was done and we would just not talk to one and other but like a little wannabe victim you just can't move on. I even tried to make you look good here but noooo you must act a fool.

    You gotta let it go. Now

    m

    How about him? Why just me?

    It takes two to tango

    se détendre!

    m

    I stopped days ago he jumps in today tell him to.

    This has run its course. It's over

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Done no more.

  • KingOfMorganDollarKingOfMorganDollar Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2021 9:57PM

    @tcollects said:
    oh come on, we can let this go on at least another day

    I'd like to hear more about how KingOfMorganDollar felt when he first typed in the 16 digit tracking number - outrage? betrayal? - we need to work through this pain together to heal as a forum

    Here is your answer I knew he was trying to play me for stupid. And I am sure he would just RELISH (yes in caps) to see me kicked off this forum. Will not happen I will talk coins and only coins from this moment on forever and ever....THE END.

  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

    After all that, you could have just bought it brand new from one of the authors and saved all the drama....

  • oh man this is gonna be good

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2021 6:07PM

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
Sign In or Register to comment.