Home Sports Talk
Options

Amazon Prime

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know some of you guys watched yesterday's 49ers vs Cardinals game on Amazon Prime. Apparently there is an uproar because a lot of viewers had issues with the quality of the picture. Did this happen with anybody here who watched it? I had never even heard of Amazon Prime before this. Is this going to be the new norm with the NFL? Is the NFL going to start broadcasting their games like this more in the future?

https://dailysnark.com/2020/12/26/fans-were-pissed-with-the-nfls-amazon-prime-video-feed-during-cardinals-49ers-game/

Comments

• Options

I listened to the game in a YouTube stream. You could listen to the broadcasters in the booth, but you couldn't see the game. It was basically like listening to the game on the radio. It was very frustrating. Do you know what it's like listening to a game online, but not being able to see it?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

im not giving the amazon scumbags any money . I cut the friggin cable cord and am very happy not spending that 200 a month now they think I'll just start adding steaming services as they spread games out accross 10 different ones?

I'll treat it like Thursday night and ignore the game

• Options
    edited December 27, 2020 6:56AM

I refuse to pay Amazon any money either. Heck, I've gone to war with the energy company before, I'm certainly not going to be intimidated by Amazon!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

this was a problem for me briefly and to a small degree, but it isn't just Amazon. I have had bad feeds from CBS and Fox Sports before, especially CBS. it has to do with the fact that everything "streaming" to our devices, either by Satellite or wireless in our homes.

actually doing what Bronco suggests, cutting the cable, is the wrong thing to do. running via cable instead of wireless is higher quality and less likely to have problems.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do Prime just so I can get next day delivery on certain things. I have no patience. I do like the movies and shows I can get too

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife has prime so we have it on the tv. I was texting my brother...the quality was fine, the commentary SUCKED, capital S U C K E D. I actually flipped that crappy game off to the crappy bowl game for a while then just watched a movie.

• Options

@keets said:
    this was a problem for me briefly and to a small degree, but it isn't just Amazon. I have had bad feeds from CBS and Fox Sports before, especially CBS. it has to do with the fact that everything "streaming" to our devices, either by Satellite or wireless in our homes.

actually doing what Bronco suggests, cutting the cable, is the wrong thing to do. running via cable instead of wireless is higher quality and less likely to have problems.

no i meant I dumped cable TV , I use a roku on my TV for streaming that is hard wired for streaming. I just meant I am paying for Netflix and Britbox streams and thats it. Even if I didn't have an undying hatred of all things amazon I'm not paying for any more streams.

Plenty of commercial supported free streaming services one I watch all the time is TubiTV . Right now I'm watching a cool show called "hot roads" about the most dangerous roads in the world . B) You have your sinchuan tibet death road your bolivian death road all the good ones :)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

. Right now I'm watching a cool show called "hot roads" about the most dangerous roads in the world . B) You have your sinchuan tibet death road your bolivian death road all the good ones :)

I love that show. I looked for it on Direct TV, couldn't find.

Those East Indians sure know how to decorate a bus. :)

• Options

TubiTV is free ! you can watch it on a computer if you want .

I also watched Bikini Samurai Squad B)

• Options
    edited December 27, 2020 10:53AM

@bronco2078 said:
    TubiTV is free ! you can watch it on a computer if you want .

I also watched Bikini Samurai Squad B)

I'll have to look into this, I like the sound of that.

• Options

Yes, that sounds right up my alley.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2020 11:39AM

i watched on my desktop and experienced no streaming issues

edit: there were times during that game when I wish I had

• Options

these amazon scumbags are advertizing on the CBS game! The stupid next gen stat losers , wasn't ruining baseball enough? We need less stats not more

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure how I watched it. I was on the NFL app so whatever that was there were no video problems.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I do Prime just so I can get next day delivery on certain things. I have no patience. I do like the movies and shows I can get too

Ditto. We have Amazon delivery guys passing each other in the driveway.

I watched the game on Amazon Prime on my outdoor TV through Apple TV. No problems with the quality of picture except I had to reboot several times with a frozen screen

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2020 3:30PM

@2dueces said:
    Not sure how I watched it. I was on the NFL app so whatever that was there were no video problems.

You could watch on Yahoo or NFL App but it won't let you Airstream or screen mirroring from your IPhone to your Apple TV or Smart TV. I tried

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......