Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

If you knew this coin had flashy luster underneath the toning ...

Do you believe it will upgrade ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might believe it. But it's very hard to see marks or hairlines from the pics. Is it nice and clean in hand?

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@scubafuel said:
    I might believe it. But it's very hard to see marks or hairlines from the pics. Is it nice and clean in hand?

Well it’s a MS 65 in an older holder and it does have flashy luster .

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a ding near her left shoulder, if so might be a problem? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubtful unless the color in the toning is vibrant. I don't see the age of this holder alone as being a basis to suggest or seek an upgrade. Still a nice coin and should attract interest.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a 65. Pop reports show eleven in 65 with none higher (1 +?).

Of the 12,427 trade dollars graded by PCGS, there are only twenty-four 66s.

Of those, ten are for the 1929, six are for the 1930.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't bet on it. I like it in a 65 holder. I've also found grades from that generation of holders to be pretty consistent with what they give now.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins with toning like that don't dip well. Given the ugly toning I think the present 65 is generous.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Coins with toning like that don't dip well. Given the ugly toning I think the present 65 is generous.

I agree with this.

While "original" the toning looks blotchy and somewhat distracting. I'm not seeing much of a chance of 66 based on those pics.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-