Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New "Bronze" pick up.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 26, 2020 5:43PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hi guy's, thought I spread my horizons a bit.
Picked up this old Jersy shilling. Love the date, size and appearance.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins You have been cast to the Darkside! :D

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    @joeykoins You have been cast to the Darkside! :D

Hopefully, as this is the U.S. coin forum and there is a different one for world coins.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    edited December 26, 2020 3:24PM

Just a couple of different shots/angles.

Love the detailed lines behind the lions <3

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Posted at the top of the page:

“This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding US coins“

• Options

@MFeld said:
    “This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding US coins“

Jersey shore

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins While many here enjoy your coin roll hunting adventures, those are US coins. This site has forums for other topics including world coins. I'm not sure why you chose to ignore the posts from @mfeld He was only trying to give you helpful advice.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

@joeykoins said:

@MFeld said:

Jersey shore

The coin you posted is not from New Jersey.

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/jersey-1-24-shilling-km-7-1877-1894-cuid-1124365-duid-1438505

• Options

Really? :D

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Really? :D

I was hoping maybe you didn’t know, rather than that you were being selfish and obstinate.

• Options

That's why my wife married me, for being "selfish and obstinate."

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options

@Jimnight said:
    Nice!

Thank You! :)

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    Nice!

:/

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's in the wrong forum, I know, but still- more interesting than the numerous "Report this coin!" threads being posted.

But then, that's just me.

• Options
    edited December 26, 2020 5:43PM

@MasonG said:
    It's in the wrong forum, I know, but still- more interesting than the numerous "Report this coin!" threads being posted.

But then, that's just me.

You could say the same of all sorts of other topics that aren’t about U.S. coins. But that’s beside the point, or at least, should be.

• Options

It's an observation. Nothing more.

• Options
    edited December 27, 2020 9:32AM

Just noticed from the above post. ONLY 336,000 mintage? Wow! Lower than the 1909 s vdb Lincoln cent. Shouldn't this coin be worth a whole lot more than it suggests? :*

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Shouldn't this coin be worth a whole lot more than it suggests?

No. You have to consider supply AND demand. If you ignore one of them, you'll arrive at nonproductive conclusions.