Home Sports Talk
Options

Did anyone know this fact about Peyton Mannings' career?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

He went 0-1 in the playoffs 9 times in his career. 1 and done 9 times!
Yes he made the playoffs almost every year but that seems excessive. :D
Probably the only one you can compare that to is Brady since he made the playoffs almost every year also.
It only happened 3 times in Brady's career including last year when he was 42. Manning was retired well before age 42.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2020 10:46AM

Must have been frustrating. The paychecks probably eased the pain.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss watching Peyton and Brady go at it. Great rivalry.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah he lost of few at home as the #1 seed. But I would believe the 2 Super Bowl rings might ease the pain. Elway was 0fer and labeled can’t win the big one either. Now he just can’t draft a QB.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

You have to also remember that Peyton is a huge country music superstar. He's a man of many talents.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

as much as i just cant stand old 5 head, I so miss the battles he and Brady had. I dont believe I will ever see the like of it again in my lifetime.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never had any hatred towards Manning whatsoever. I do have fond memories of the Pats/Colts playoffs though.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Colts D (and the "idiot" kicker one year as I recall) had a habit of letting them down come playoff time.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

And Peyton wrote all of Brad Paisley's songs. Did Peyton get any of the credit? The answer is no, he didn't!

• Options

Kenny Chesney ain't got nothin' on Peyton Manning!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still remember the playoff game against peytons colts where pats had the ball on around their own 40 or so in the 4th quarter with a few minutes left and the lead and bill went for it on 4th down. was a short pass in the flat to kevin faulk and he came up 3 inches short. BB knew the D wasnt going to stop peyton so he went for it and failed.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Peyton Manning wrote the book on pre play reads. If I could spell celiberal that’s what I’d insert. I’m so far off the spelling even spell check can’t help me. 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMAHA!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

as much as i just cant stand old 5 head, I so miss the battles he and Brady had. I dont believe I will ever see the like of it again in my lifetime.

given the QB's in the NFL right now and the up-and-comers, I think it's highly likely that you will.

• Options

@keets said:

given the QB's in the NFL right now and the up-and-comers, I think it's highly likely that you will.

Allen vs Mahomes?

W.C.Fields