Home Sports Talk
Options

Troy Aikman or Al Michaels?

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who does a better job in the broadcast booth? Troy or Al?

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, I've always been an Al Michaels guy, but I've always thought he would make a perfect Dracula. You give him fangs and a cape, and he would be a perfect Dracula. I've said that from day one.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

kind of an apples n papayas comparison, seeing as one is a play-by-play guy and one is a color commentator

but...

...Troy is on the brink of being unbearable to listen to. he's as insipid as they come. spouts off "heck of a play" as least 10 times per telecast, and when he tries to say something humorous it winds up being so excruciatingly unfunny that i sometimes wince involuntarily. and to make matters even worse, he often laughs during the delivery.

Michaels is no Pat Summerall, but he's good. has been for a long time.

my personal favorite is Gus Johnson. i wish he was still calling NFL games. even if it was the Jets v Jags -- when he starts raising his voice, i start getting excited

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Greg Gumbel doesn't get into the broadcasters hall of fame, they'll be hearing from my attorneys!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Both honestly

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most broadcasters do a good job as they are just white noise to me. I break down the play in progress and most times my camera angles are better than theirs. I do have fun berating them for their dumb comments about a play I clearly see and them correcting themselves after.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Tony Romo.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

i honestly like most commentators. Of these two, i prefer michaels, but i enjoy troy as well.

the only ones i cant stand are the ones who seem to try and use a fake "broadcasters voice" like ian eagle or marv albert. their voices are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. just use your normal speech and cadance. kind of like a preacher using a "preachers voice" during a sermon.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Between the two, Troy. He's easier to ignore. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone except for Joe Buck.

A couple of weeks ago he went on and on about the team going for the "Hail Mary" and how stupid it was and the team actually should have completed it.

He's an idiot. WAY too arrogant with his opinions.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2020 10:35PM

For me its a toss up. Troy is from Henrietta, Oklahoma and he has that Mid-America accent and I like that. I like Al too. His Brooklyn accent is kind wacky but fun at times........for instance when he says, "caught the ball" it sounds to me like he said, "quaawt da bouel." Either way, those two are my favorite announcers. An Okie and a guy from Brooklyn. Only in America.