Home Sports Talk
Options

Christmas wish list for your NFL team next year

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jets and Jaguars fans. Sorry not enough paper for your list. Everyone else, 3 players your squad should look for next year.
Buffalo Bills.
1. A top tier quality backup quarterback. We saw how Mariota looked after Carr went down.
Jack Fromm is on the roster but has been a healthy scratch most of the year. I don’t think Matt Barkley fits the offense designed for Allen. Maybe Jacoby Brissett but $16M is mighty steep for a backup.
2. A 10 sack DE or OL. Bills need that feared player that offenses need to game plan around.
3. Another DB. Their secondary is as good as any in the NFL but what team couldn’t use another CB?

That’s what I want Santa to bring to the Super Bowl champs. What’s yours?

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2020 5:32PM

All I ask of Santa is to keep Christian McCaffrey healthy. He missed a ridiculous amount of time this year. If Santa doesn't comply with my wishes, I'll have to retaliate by reporting him to the authorities. I'm sure the North Pole Police Department would love to know about his little elf sweatshop!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    All I ask of Santa is to keep Christian McCaffrey healthy. He missed a ridiculous amount of time this year. If Santa doesn't comply with my wishes, I'll have to retaliate by reporting him to the authorities. I'm sure the North Pole Police Department would love to know about his little elf sweatshop!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

I would like the Pats to get Matt Ryan and get some WR’s.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

you have me officially lusting after matty ice now perk.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

you have me officially lusting after matty ice now perk.

Let’s will it to happen bro!!

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Minnesota Vikings
    1) Offensive Line
    2) Kicker
    3) DL that can pressure a QB

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams

Give Goff a new arm, legs, and brain.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Pats fans want to bring in a by then 36 year old to take over QB duties.
    He's like a young pup compared to Brady. :)
    Don't you guys want the Pats to find a young talent like Justin Herbert to take over?
    Surely they can do better than Matt Ryan.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Pats fans want to bring in a by then 36 year old to take over QB duties.
    Don't you guys want the Pats to find a young talent like Justin Herbert to take over?

Of course Ryan would be a tremendous upgrade over Cam Newton so I guess I can see your point
    of view looking at it that way.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleveland Browns:
    --- Corner Back/Safety.
    --- Corner Back/Safety.
    --- Corner Back/Safety.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    Minnesota Vikings
    1) Offensive Line

Yes #1 need by far. Left tackle Reif getting old and already took a pay cut, but still makes a lot. Need a big guard or two that can BOTH move people out of the way AND pass block.

2) Kicker

As a Vikings fan, I can't talk about kickers anymore. I think we need a team that doesn't bother to kick FG or PAT.

3) DL that can pressure a QB

Agree here too. Hopefully Hunter will come back healthy, that would be a big help and if Pierce can play that will be a big help stopping the run.

Instead of kicker, I will say they need to find a "QB of the future". Cousins will be around for a couple more years, so now's the time to draft one or trade for somebody that doesn't make 30 million+ a year.

Anthony Barr might need to be replaced soon too, he makes a lot of money and has failed to be a "big play" guy like they thought he would be. He's a very good LB, but the team is getting killed by the salary cap.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@Darin said:

Of course Ryan would be a tremendous upgrade over Cam Newton so I guess I can see your point
    of view looking at it that way.

Bill Belichick wants the HC record. IMO, he is going to do everything possible to get it and get it quick. Bringing in Matt Ryan, keeping McDaniels (who I have my qualms with) , and putting together a stout defense could make this happen.

Whether or not it is with Ryan, I wouldn't be surprised to see NE turn it around, skip the re-build. and be right back.

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2020 3:44AM

The WTF's (yes, i reversed the letters on purpose) ...

need a QB that is unbreakable ...

Alex Smith

RG3

Joe Theisman

And a safety that is bulletproof ...

Sean Taylor

• Options

I was worried when McDermitt cut a veteran kicker and kept a rookie Tyler Bass. We have a playoff team with a rookie kicker? WTF!! His kick offs have sailed into the end zone unlike last year and he’s been money. It’s yet to be seen if he makes a game winner because the Bills haven’t needed that all year. I 100 % trust he will though.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    I was worried when McDermitt cut a veteran kicker and kept a rookie Tyler Bass. We have a playoff team with a rookie kicker? WTF!! His kick offs have sailed into the end zone unlike last year and he’s been money. It’s yet to be seen if he makes a game winner because the Bills haven’t needed that all year. I 100 % trust he will though.

There simply cannot be another Norwood for Buffalo. It cannot happen again. If it does the Bills will NEVER win a championship and should fold the franchise.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    I wish for full stadiums, I miss the FANS !!

Merry Christmas

I wish they would stop using fake fan noise.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Rams

Give Goff a new arm, legs, and brain.

You're cruel. Not saying I don't agree with you......but just the way you say it......😳

• Options

Gov Cuomo has asked the Erie County health officials to look into allowing 6,700 fans in for the Bills playoff games. The Bills fans have waited a long time for a playoff game. Hoping it works, everyone stay healthy and they can attend the next game. I know in these trying times it’s a trivial request but it’s something to feel good about, just like the NFL. It took us away from every day life and the worries of the world. We needed this.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I certainly miss the fans as well. The atmosphere of a game is a lot more exciting when thousands of people are cheering. I miss seeing those crazy guys that have their shirts off in 10 degree weather. 😂😂

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Gov Cuomo has asked the Erie County health officials to look into allowing 6,700 fans in for the Bills playoff games.

That's really nice of the governor. It shows he really cares. I heard somewhere that the 6,700 fans that will be allowed to attend the game must be 75 years old or older. Is that true?

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:
    Gov Cuomo has asked the Erie County health officials to look into allowing 6,700 fans in for the Bills playoff games.

That's really nice of the governor. It shows he really cares. I heard somewhere that the 6,700 fans that will be allowed to attend the game must be 75 years old or older. Is that true?

Lol. My thoughts on the gov are definitely not for here. I live in Texas so......

W.C.Fields
  • Options

You guys miss the fans? Hell, I miss being one OF the fans. I bought the seat when do I get to sit in it? But......on a positive note, the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant did point out last Sunday that at least we didn't get to go to the Rams vs. Jets game. That's something to be grateful for........MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

• Options

@2dueces said:

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:

Lol. My thoughts on the gov are definitely not for here. I live in Texas so......

Agreed!!

• Options
    edited December 24, 2020 7:20PM

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:

Agreed!!

Regarding my post about said Mr. Governor man.........read between the lines!🤕

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@Hydrant said:

@2dueces said:

Agreed!!

Regarding my post about said Mr. Governor man.........read between the lines!🤕

Oh I get you my friend. I get you 100%.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@Hydrant said:
    You guys miss the fans? Hell, I miss being one OF the fans. I bought the seat when do I get to sit in it? But......on a positive note, the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant did point out last Sunday that at least we didn't get to go to the Rams vs. Jets game. That's something to be grateful for........MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I miss the games in person also although I haven’t attended a Bills game since the late 80’s. My father and I went to all home games between 1963 and 1981. I moved to Texas in 87 and I’ll be darned if I’m paying $1300 to see a game in Jerry’s place. I did go to a game in Houston 6-7-8 years ago. Don’t remember exactly but it wasn’t the same on the road with a losing team. I bet this year would have been incredible as the Bills fans would be packing stadiums home or away.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Cleveland Browns:
    --- Corner Back/Safety.
    --- Corner Back/Safety.
    --- Corner Back/Safety.

This!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys can have Matt Ryan, us Falcons fans are ready for a change but Blank isn’t gonna let him go.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

will they let go of Julio Jones??