Home Sports Talk
Options

2021 NFL quarterback carousel

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2021 NFL quarterback carousel should be interesting:

1. Chicago Bears: Mitchell Trubisky's contract is expiring, and the Nick Foles experiment failed.

2. Dallas Cowboys: Dak Prescott is slated to become an unrestricted free agent.

3. Denver Broncos: Drew Lock did not take the reins in his sophomore season.

4. Indianapolis Colts: Philip Rivers is scheduled to hit free agency in March.

5. Detroit Lions: After 12 seasons without a playoff win from Matthew Stafford, will the Lions move on?

6. Jacksonville Jaguars: It doesn't appear as though the long term answer is on the current roster.

7. Las Vegas Raiders: They can move on from Derek Carr and save nearly $20 million.

8. New England Patriots: The Cam Newton experiment didn't pan out.

9. New Orleans Saints: Will Drew Brees retire?

10. San Francisco 49ers: They could move on from Jimmy Garoppolo and pocket more than $23 million.

11. Washington Football Team: What happens with them?

Comments

• Options

If I'm missing anything you'll have to forgive me. It's early, and I haven't cooked coffee yet!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pittsburgh. Ben is old
    Jets. New coach. New quarterback?
    Atlanta. Time to move on from Matt Ryan

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you might make the task easier and the list shorter if you make one of Teams who will stand-pat at QB.
    Buffalo --- Josh Allen.
    Miami --- Tua.
    Chiefs --- Patrick Mahomes.
    Chargers --- Justin Herbert.
    Brown --- Baker Mayfield.
    Ravens --- Lamar Jackson.
    Titans --- Ryan Tannehill.
    Texans --- Deshaun Watson.
    Seahawks --- Russell Wilson.
    Rams --- Jared Goff.
    Cardinals --- Kyler Murray.
    Packers --- Aaron Rodgers.
    Buccaneers --- Tom Brady.

well, MY list is actually a tad bit longer but shouldn't change.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

patriots pick up Jimmy G pay him more than Brady ever got and he gets hurt and yet again Brady throws for 30+ touchdowns :D

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think Brees or Ben will retire. Stafford is done in Detroit, as well as Jimmy G in SF. Dak will be offered a long term contract but will be too greedy to accept an insulting 120 Million dollar deal. That’s all I got for right now 🤷‍♂️

• Options

Actually I want Matt Ryan in Pats uniform. BC kid, I think he would be good under Josh if the Pats realize they actually need to address the WR position.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    If I'm missing anything you'll have to forgive me. It's early, and I haven't cooked coffee yet!

Throw a pot on and grab an extra Piece of Fruit Niccorette gum Double D! 👍👍

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I don’t think Brees or Ben will retire. Stafford is done in Detroit, as well as Jimmy G in SF. Dak will be offered a long term contract but will be too greedy to accept an insulting 120 Million dollar deal. That’s all I got for right now 🤷‍♂️

If things don’t change and the Steelers are one and done why would Ben come back? He proved he could come back from injury. First ballot HOFER. Super Bowl rings. He so looks like Eli in his last years. I’m probably wrong but with the line problems a quick fix isn’t in the cards.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

As a matter of fact, I went this morning and got a fresh box of nicotine gum because I was running low. I wanted fruit, but they were out, so I had to get cinnamon again. I'm getting impatient with Walgreens, they keep restocking the cinnamon but not the fruit. I've been chewing cinnamon for months, and I'm ready for a change in flavor. If they don't have fruit restocked next time, I'll just take my business elsewhere!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

As a matter of fact, I went this morning and got a fresh box of nicotine gum because I was running low. I wanted fruit, but they were out, so I had to get cinnamon again. I'm getting impatient with Walgreens, they keep restocking the cinnamon but not the fruit. I've been chewing cinnamon for months, and I'm ready for a change in flavor. If they don't have fruit restocked next time, I'll just take my business elsewhere!

this is your fault you are buying 10 packs of cinnamon a day , thats just good inventory management on their part

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Go to Ebay! You get much better deals on there than Walgreens or CVS!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

please please please santa, bring the patriots a new QB for christmas

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

Do you think Matt Ryan would be good or no?

• Options

@doubledragon How long has it been you’ve quit smoking? However long, congratulations. Don’t mention it to my doctor. He’s been on me for the last 20 years. Thank goodness no breathing problems, no congestion. He just shakes his head like how can you be so healthy after smoking for 50 years?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces, Thank you, I quit smoking about 4 years ago, I started chewing nicotine gum and I've been hooked on it for 4 years. You're supposed to stop chewing the gum after about 12 weeks, but now I'm hooked on the gum. I'll be hooked on nicotine for the rest of my life, I just have to have nicotine. It's just so difficult to quit nicotine completely. I don't see how people quit it completely.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

this is your fault you are buying 10 packs of cinnamon a day , thats just good inventory management on their part

They know what they're doing. They know I'm hooked, but like perkdog said, I'll start going to ebay for my fix. Ebay will never run out of fruit. I'll get the last laugh!

• Options

Me at Walgreens today....

• Options

I can't wait to see this Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan thing play out.

• Options
    edited December 23, 2020 12:06PM

Oh my goodness, Big Ben has addressed the talk about him being washed up. He says, "I don't blame them, when you play like poo, you deserve to be talked about like that. That's on me, I need to be better."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/steelers-news-ben-roethlisberger-admits-he-deserves-to-be-called-washed-up-for-playing-like-poo/amp/

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Do you think Matt Ryan would be good or no?

I think Ryan would be a good fit. I do see a bit of Brady in Matty Ice. accurate and seems to have a fairly high football IQ in the little I have seen him play. I think they could get 2 or 3 good years out of him. I believe he is 35 this year.

Please, no more Cam and i really dont want Wentz. Although, i suppose if anyone could make a reclaimation project out of him it would be BB. Remember all they got out of Dillon, Harrison, Moss, Welker, Amendola and so many others

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

It’s going to be weird seeing those fixtures on other teams!!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes it is, that would be cool if Matt Ryan went to the Patriots, I forgot about him being a BC guy. I hope Stafford lands somewhere where he'll have a good supporting cast, he's suffered so long in Detroit.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Seriously?? Not as weird as Brady in a Bucs uniform something I thought I’d never see. I was sad he wasn’t with the Patriots this year.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Seriously?? Not as weird as Brady in a Bucs uniform something I thought I’d never see. I was sad he wasn’t with the Patriots this year.

For some reason it’s not for me, I always knew Brady would not finish his career in a Pats uniform. The Tom vs Bill marriage was bound to come to a head.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

1. Chicago Bears: Mitchell Trubisky's contract is expiring, and the Nick Foles experiment failed.

the Bears have a legit shot of making the playoffs, believe it or not. and that chance is derived from the reinsertion of Trubisky as starter, believe it or not. if they play past week 17, idk what the hell is going to happen with him. good problem to have, i suppose, as the team was dead in the water just a few weeks ago.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

the Bears have a legit shot of making the playoffs, believe it or not. and that chance is derived from the reinsertion of Trubisky as starter, believe it or not. if they play past week 17, idk what the hell is going to happen with him. good problem to have, i suppose, as the team was dead in the water just a few weeks ago.

I’d love to see Trubisky back up Josh Allen next year. Sam Darnold would be my first choice as he’s still on his rookie contract. Allen and Darnold are best friends. They talk weekly and text daily. I’m hoping the Jaguars win again this year.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2020 9:28PM

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

So you're saying you no longer want to keep it 🔥 ?

Edit to add: I'd be glad to check my local Walgreens for you, if need be... 😃

• Options
    edited December 24, 2020 3:36AM

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

So you're saying you no longer want to keep it 🔥 ?

Edit to add: I'd be glad to check my local Walgreens for you, if need be... 😃

I ordered a box of fruit last night from ebay. If they're not going to restock my fruit, I have no choice but to seek vengeance. They asked for it, and now they're going to get it!

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Actually I want Matt Ryan in Pats uniform. BC kid, I think he would be good under Josh if the Pats realize they actually need to address the WR position.

MN used to be the place where we would pick up old QBs and think they have something left in the tank. Are we passing the torch to NE?