Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD: 1914 5C Buffalo Coin NGC MS63 - SOLD

EdGOhioEdGOhio Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
edited December 24, 2020 10:12AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

A nice 1914 buffalo, personally I thought it should of graded higher but....
...currently 25% off price guide listing.
Asking $75 PP or CC, always ship quickly.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.

• Albert Einstein

Comments

• Options
    edited December 22, 2020 5:09PM

SOLD

• Albert Einstein
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't mean to be a pain here. but in your link you state the following
    "1st 2 images are from the person I purchased from, others encased in NGC holder after grading service."
    The first two images are in no way shape or form the same coin as the second set of images. Whoever sold it to you using those images pulled a fast one on you.

Is not equal to

I hope your buyer is not expecting a coin looking like the first set of images.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a planchet lamination on the obverse of the slabbed coin?
    Just curious, hard to tell from my iPhone.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Thank you for your concerns and input regarding images/coin.
    The coloring in my images were affected by lighting when I took the pics and no way "reflect" what the coin looks like in hand, it was part of the reason I used the images provided when I 1st purchased the coin and why it was mentioned on my description on my actual store page and I'm pretty sure the TPG would have noted such concerns during the grading process.
    Thanks again and have a great holiday.

• Albert Einstein
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EdGOhio said:
    Thank you for your concerns and input regarding images/coin.
    The coloring in my images were affected by lighting when I took the pics and no way "reflect" what the coin looks like in hand, it was part of the reason I used the images provided when I 1st purchased the coin and why it was mentioned on my description on my actual store page and I'm pretty sure the TPG would have noted such concerns during the grading process.
    Thanks again and have a great holiday.

To be clear, I am not saying that your MS63 coin isn't worth the asking price, my concern is only the misleading images used, whether intentional or not. I'm not trying to bust your chops here and I realize it doesn't really matter since it's already sold. If I made a deal based on the first set of images and received the coin in the second set I would be upset.
    Coloring has nothing to do with it. The coin in the first image is simply not the same coin as what is pictured in the slab. No photography method is going to reduce strike detail and add die clash to the fields. I'm sorry, but the seller you bought this from used photos of what appears to be a matte proof, you should not perpetuate that practice. Look at the hair detail, the feather detail, the crisp field to rim transition, the texture of the fields. That is a VERY early die state coin. The one in the NGC slab is a LATE die state coin. The fields show die clash, and die erosion, the rim isn't as flat, there's die erosion on the temple and eye area too. As far as TPG concerns, that has nothing to do with images that you bought the coin based upon.
    We can talk about the reverse as well but it's much the same as the obverse. See below

Thanks and you have a great holiday as well.

These were screen captured from https://edgohio.ecrater.com/p/36480661/1914-5c-buffalo-ms63 since that site does not provide an image address to link for photo display here.

Collector, occasional seller