Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2020 7:15AM

That is hilarious! I remember Snoops album "Doggystyle" back in the day when it first came out and it was on MTV. You know, I have to say, MTV is garbage these days, it's nothing like it used to be in the 80s and 90s. It's nothing but reality TV now.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have definitely 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 watching James Corden and Carpool Karaoke. I don't watch the late night shows much, but I saw one clip a couple years ago and went on a long youtube dive into them a couple times with my wife just to laugh.

• Options

Heck, I remember when Willie Nelson performed with the Muppets. They were all stoned. Man, it was freakin groovy!

• Options

MTV doesn't show videos because its audience does not want to watch them. With on-demand music everywhere, why would anyone want to watch videos?

• Options

Yeah, they'd rather watch this garbage on MTV.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BriantheTaxGuy said:
    MTV doesn't show videos because its audience does not want to watch them. With on-demand music everywhere, why would anyone want to watch videos?

And, when they do, they go to Youtube. Nearly all of the top 30 most-watched videos (2.6 billion views and up) are music videos.

• Options

I certainly remember watching MTV back in the 90s, watching Metallica videos. I remember when the black album came out, and Enter Sandman was all over MTV. Metallica was bad to the bone. They were so bad, they even opened for Jesus....