Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tom Brady Rookie Error Card

Koreycon6Koreycon6 Posts: 1
edited December 20, 2020 1:19AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I recently purchased a 2000 Tom Brady Pacific Vanguard card with a missing serial number at auction. Card appears to be 100% authentic when I looked at it in hand. I was curious if this is possibly a printing error or if its a fake. If it is a printing error, does it add value to the card? I really hope I didn't buy a fake and if I did, could I contact ebay for a refund for the false description from seller. These are the pictures from ebay, the card looks alot better in hand and out of the scratched case. Easily a psa 8-9 if authentic.

Comments

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Would need better pics to form a better opinion, but there’s a big red flag - it was a 0 feedback seller and a new account. To go along with that, in the description, they stated it’s either a replacement or misprint, which if legit, is absolutely true. The problem I have is - that isn’t knowledge that a brand new seller would typically have.

Could it be legit? Yep. Would I touch it with a 10 foot pole? Nope.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Hard to tell since the photos in the listing are so bad, but honestly, if I had to put a number on it, I would go with 90% chance its a fake

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

im a brady collector and saw that card listed for quite a while. I personally steered clear. there is a possibility the card is good, but combined with the no feedback seller, i would say the chance is low. I would say you have two real choices: send in for grading/authentication or return to seller.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

I dont know the seller but this is a card that was produced by Pacific, not a reproduction by another party. The card was likely printed by pacific as a replacement for a damaged card, this was common practice for most major companies during this time (serial numbered SP RCs). The card was likely not pulled from a pack but entered the hobby after Pacific's bankruptcy, either at an asset auction/dump or via an employee who kept inventory. There used to many, many non-serial-numbered pacific cards on ebay from the late 90s-early 00s for this very reason.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I have one of these as well, not Brady, but otherwise same card. They are legit and real. They are replacement cards from the factory and many, if not all made their way out to collectors. Id still send it to PSA