Home Sports Talk
Options

Revisiting my NFL preseason predictions

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Well how's my August predictions lookin today? They don't call me Swami for nothing.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice. would love to know how many clams you pulled into the boat.

i also see a lingering prediction of mine about my own team. can you make the playoffs and still be trash? i say yes.

and most important of all, i'm glad to see that yer phone is fully charged. at 8:09 pm mine is always on life support.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

i also see a lingering prediction of mine about my own team. can you make the playoffs and still be trash? i say yes.

and most important of all, i'm glad to see that yer phone is fully charged. at 8:09 pm mine is always on life support.

First time ever I hit on every NFL future. Went 5 for 5 on predicting 5 teams under the win total. Unfortunately there was no future odds for Allen coming in 3rd in the MVP voting. I think it was 1200-1 to win it. I thought that pretty extreme this year. Who knows, maybe next year.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice indeed. You've studied the game very well master, us grasshoppers have a lot to learn!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2021 10:23AM

Your Patriots hate was way off the mark. The Pats offense struggled way past the first of the season and Brady played great. 😂 Other than that.....very well done

Edit, word

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Your Patriots hate was way off the mark. The Pats offense struggled way past the first of the season and Brady played great. 😂 Other than that.....very well done

Edit, word

Never hated the Patriots even when they’ve kicked Buffalos butt for the last 20 years. You can’t help but admire one of the greatest franchises in NFL history. But I can tell you I’m ecstatic about their recent struggles. I thought they’d struggle early because of lack of training camp a d a new QB. I do wish Brady would have stayed one more year so the Bills could have faced him when they finally had a team. But TB is way too smart. He saw the Patriots struggles along with the rise of the Bills. He got out of dodge and non too soon.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:

Edit, word

Never hated the Patriots even when they’ve kicked Buffalos butt for the last 20 years. You can’t help but admire one of the greatest franchises in NFL history. But I can tell you I’m ecstatic about their recent struggles. I thought they’d struggle early because of lack of training camp a d a new QB. I do wish Brady would have stayed one more year so the Bills could have faced him when they finally had a team. But TB is way too smart. He saw the Patriots struggles along with the rise of the Bills. He got out of dodge and non too soon.

I should have phrased that better. I honestly meant your "anti Patriot bias" , and I was being sarcastic because the Patriots offense stunk it up for not just six games but the entire season. I wasn't really calling you a hater. As for Brady, I predicted he would play well - but that's only because there was never any drop off.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@galaxy27 said:

First time ever I hit on every NFL future. Went 5 for 5 on predicting 5 teams under the win total. Unfortunately there was no future odds for Allen coming in 3rd in the MVP voting. I think it was 1200-1 to win it. I thought that pretty extreme this year. Who knows, maybe next year.

Won't be 1200-1 next year.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2021 5:49PM

@2dueces said:

@galaxy27 said:

2dueces - 5 Star release.

Tail the swami for only $200 a week.