eBay international shipping - UPDATE on the UPDATE
BRAND NEW UPDATE: This is getting funny.
So, the package was in Israel from December 5th onward. The customer had opened a case right before Christmas.
On January 3rd, eBay closed the case and refunded the customer ($273).
So, on January 4th, I filed the insurance claim.
On January 5th, eBay paid the $100 insurance claim.
So, of course...on January 6th, the item reappeared in Israel.
The buyer didn't respond to my emails, so I contacted eBay yesterday (January 10th) and they reopened the case. [Which I didn't even know they could do.]
On January 11th, the item was delivered in Israel.
Also on January 11th, eBay gave me the $273 back. So now I'm up $100. LMFAO
So, I immediately called eBay and asked if there was a way for me to refund the $100 insurance. Their shipping logistics department will get back to me via email within 48 hours.
Oddly, they can't call eBay international shipping on the phone nor can eBay shipping call me. They only respond by email.
UPDATE; Today, the customer escalated on eBay. The package is in Israel, but there are no scans since December 5th. eBay put the escalation on HOLD UNTIL JANUARY 3rd because "...you provided tracking information and the item is still in transit to its destination."
I mentioned this on a previous thread, but decided to start a separate thread for those that are interested. Until I had this little problem this week, I didn't fully understand how it worked.
I have a package that has been "out there" for 31 days. It was going from Upstate NY to Israel. I used eBay international shipping because it is cheaper and includes $100 in insurance which is hard to replicate without using a really expensive service (Priority o Express).
The customer inquired and then today filed an "item not received" case which forced me to look harder at the tracking.
What I learned is that there are THREE different tracking numbers and, apparently THREE different shipping entities involved. All 3 of those "entities" appear to be related to each other. "DHL" and "USPS" are, of course, independent entities while "Easy Ship" appears to be a joint entity run by both DHL and USPS.
So, for your information, this is how my package went.
I dropped it at the Post Office on November 17th. It identifies the "shipper" however as "Easy Ship"
It received a number of scans and then arrived at eBay in Kentucky on November 19th where it switch to "DHL".
It then received a whole lot of scans between November 19th and November 24th where the scans alternated between "DHL" and "Easy Ship". On the 24th, it arrived in Chicago and the scans then alternate between all three shippers.
Between the 24th and December 2nd, it wound its way through Chicago to Newark, alternating between all three shippers.
Since it left the country all scans between December 2nd and December 5th were USPS only. At that point, tracking is silent, although it might be in the hands of Israeli Post at that point.
If I track it on the USPS site, it has one tracking number (and doesn't recognize the eBay tracking number) and it only shows the USPS designated scans.
If I track it on the DHL site, it has another tracking number and doesn't recognize the eBay tracking number. It only shows the DHL designated scans.
If I track it on the Easy Ship site, it has yet a 3rd tracking number which is (FINALLY) the eBay tracking number. It only shows the Easy Ship designated scans.
The only way I could see all of the tracking was to use "parcelsapp.com". If you actually click on the tracking number on eBay, it gives you no information other than generation of the label number.
Really odd, me thinks. I haven't had any issues with it until now and, well, Covid. But what a bizarre system.