Home Sports Talk
Options

Jayson Tatum is still growing

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just heard that celtics coach brad stevens said at a press conference that Tatum has gone from 6´8¨ to 6´10¨ since the beginning of last season. he is only 22. could he make it to 7´? maybe the next KD?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2020 7:50PM

This post is about basketball and the NBA.

No one participating on the Sports Forum has interest in basketball or in the NBA anymore.

I predict that my reply will be one of the only (if not the only) reply to this thread before the moderators close it (is there a forum rule that threads on hoops are allowed anymore >:) ).

Speaking of height. A funny thing happened last week.

At a local coffee shop I was speaking with a few acquaintances, including an older guy in his 70s who is about 5' 9" and heavy set. He said he wished he was thinner without having to work for it. I told him I knew a way for him to become thinner without having to work at it. He asked me what it was. I told him that all he needs to do is grow to my height (which is 6'6").

He was not amused by my advice.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not into the NBA whatsoever BUT I will support any thread from my buddy @craig44 🍻

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t know they still play. From what I’ve heard it’s to empty arenas and empty viewing audience. That sport is dead to me but carry on.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Not into the NBA whatsoever BUT I will support any thread from my buddy @craig44 🍻

thanks man. im also not really into nba, but i did find it interesting that a 4th year player just grew 2 inches.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know we could grow as adults. Since this is a height thread, I'll take this opportunity to use my Midget stripper gif. It's just been sitting in my gif files forever, there's no sense in it going to waste!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually thought this was a thread about the Saints backup QB to Drew Brees until I opened it.
    In retrospect I think his name is Tayson Hill. I was way off.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I took my army physical in 1967 I was measured at 6' .25". I have had some bad news from doctors the last few years for both my wife and myself. What upset me more than anything was when my doc measured me at almost 5' 10".

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2020 10:45AM

Interesting.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2020 5:35AM

I can't imagine being 7 feet tall and trying to do stuff normal people do.

"Honey, I'm home!"

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Didn’t know they still play.

They don't, it died.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

so thus far we've got sanction at 6'6" and hydrant at 6'2"

i suppose i can run the point @ 6'1" but I'm warning everyone right now my assist numbers leave a lot to be desired

i like to jack up about 25 treys a game

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I should take point @ 5'9", but I'll warn that I play Big 10 physical-style, "no blood, no foul", and I can sky.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    I actually thought this was a thread about the Saints backup QB to Drew Brees until I opened it.

can we all agree that anyone who starts a thread about taysom hill is banned?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

Say what?

• Options

let me just check the official timestamp on the taysum hill thread before i reply :/

where are the angry emojis? we don't even have one?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    let me just check the official timestamp on the taysum hill thread before i reply :/

where are the angry emojis? we don't even have one?

Angry emojis are offensive! Get with the times 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

Have you ever opened the new pickups thread (Dec. new pickups, etc.) on the sports card forum
    and someone posts pics of several beautiful cards and then 17 people hit the quote button thereby
    repeating that post 17 times? All the sudden after seeing them 17 times in a row those cards lose a little luster.
    The people who are always doing that should be banned.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

Have you ever opened the new pickups thread (Dec. new pickups, etc.) on the sports card forum
    and someone posts pics of several beautiful cards and then 17 people hit the quote button thereby
    repeating that post 17 times? All the sudden after seeing them 17 times in a row those cards lose a little luster.
    The people who are always doing that should be banned.

the nested quote notification hell