Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grading companies GMA, SGC, BCCG, CGC, GRA

Hello guys,
I have a question about the following grading companies, I want to finish my fleer collection but with prices shooting up even on sealed boxed I am going to other grading companies but wanted to see what your guys feedback was on them. I have seen that some companies grading is not accurate and way off but so far I have found that the following grading companies are ok and I put them in order

1st GMA
2nd SGCC
3rd BCCG
4th CGC
5th GRA

I could be wrong but wanted to see if you guys would buy 9 or 10s from them ? what do you guys think ?

“Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.”

Tagged:

Comments

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

The only one I’m semi-familiar with is BCCG, and I think they’re just BGS-lite. A BCCG 10 is just “mint or better” so, sure, a PSA 10 could be in the slab but it’s more likely a few grades lower than that. I wouldn’t buy one expecting any kind of crossover, and if someone knows enough to grade a card, I’d really be suspicious as to why they’d choose BCCG over BGS or PSA.

Jim

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brolyboy20 said:
    Hello guys,

Welcome to the boards!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • @JoeBanzai said:

@Brolyboy20 said:
    Hello guys,

Welcome to the boards!

Thank you Joe !

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brolyboy20 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Brolyboy20 said:
    Hello guys,

Welcome to the boards!

Thank you Joe !

To answer your question, I would buy from SGC or BGS as long as I agreed with their grade. Probably pass on any of the others.

"Buy the card, not the holder"

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

sgc isn't bad. a lot of people talk smack about bccg cards and i tend to agree for the most part. however, i've had some pretty decent success w cracking these out and obtaining the same psa grade at a fraction of the cost. take each individual card for its own merit though.

and welcome to the forum!

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@Brolyboy20 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Brolyboy20 said:
    Hello guys,

Welcome to the boards!

Thank you Joe !

To answer your question, I would buy from SGC or BGS as long as I agreed with their grade. Probably pass on any of the others.

"Buy the card, not the holder"

Agree with all this.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• @blurryface said:
    sgc isn't bad. a lot of people talk smack about bccg cards and i tend to agree for the most part. however, i've had some pretty decent success w cracking these out and obtaining the same psa grade at a fraction of the cost. take each individual card for its own merit though.

and welcome to the forum!

I see thats not bad at all, and thank you man I am glad I found this forum.

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

GMA is complete garbage
    SGC is decent
    BCCG is Beckett's economy, dont pay too much attention to the number as a 10 is at best a PSA 8
    CGC and GRA....never heard of them

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

SGC is a top grading company that specializes in Vintage prewar. The prewar collectors very much trust SGC and they are and have been a top tier grading company. I agree with the rest of @mtcards statement.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@burghman said:
    The only one I’m semi-familiar with is BCCG, and I think they’re just BGS-lite. A BCCG 10 is just “mint or better” so, sure, a PSA 10 could be in the slab but it’s more likely a few grades lower than that. I wouldn’t buy one expecting any kind of crossover, and if someone knows enough to grade a card, I’d really be suspicious as to why they’d choose BCCG over BGS or PSA.

This is probably financial decision; like the one I am considering. I believe rates go as low $2per {of course that's a sub of 5000+}

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

stick with psa, bgs and sgc. all the rest are too risky.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have cracked out bccg cards of semistars for my raw sets.