Home Sports Talk

At the start of everyday - Which forum do you go to first?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

anonymous poll

At the start of everyday - Which forum do you go to first?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I start here. Then a card forum. About every other day I check the coin forum even though I’m not a big coin collector. I just collect gold coins and expensive art paintings. But I go there to marvel at the quality of coins posted and try to learn a bit. I had no idea how beautiful 200 year old coins can be. And expensive!!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2020 11:30AM

Sports talk 100% , I gave up on the Card section since the Vintage Football guys have thinned out over the years. 99.9% of CU time is spent right here with you fellas 👍👍

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I check in and out of here all day. I used to go to the card section a lot, but I enjoy talking sports more with you guys.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

I post on both the card section and sports talk. this is the first place i look in the morning though. I guess my heart lives here... (Imagine reading that last sentence with the lights down low, a fog machine running and Celine Dion playing softly in the background)

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk,Card,Currency,Coin forums. Always seems to be something new to learn or to hear differing points of views within those forums. At times funny comments/jokes show up.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on ST the most. Also US coins, and Precious Medals.

And every couple of days I accidentally mark everything read. 😂

I noticed there are quite a few coin collectors here. I see the cross post. Some of your collections simply amaze me.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

I have snooped around in the coin forum before, that place is always very lively. It's like New York City over there, a beehive of activity. It has hot dog vendors, and a Wal-Mart. I got a parking ticket the last time I was over there!

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I have snooped around in the coin forum before, that place is always very lively. It's like New York City over there, a beehive of activity. It has hot dog vendors, and a Wal-Mart. I got a parking ticket the last time I was over there!

Just like NY, say the wrong thing there, and you get mugged.

@doubledragon said:

The card forum used to be like the Wild West, it was really a very fun time for several years, steady group of posters with always something going on. Lots of great guys but they literally all got the red box, a very few are still around but I haven’t seen any of them in a long time.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Say high in one of my posts. Add a gif.

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

The card forum used to be like the Wild West, it was really a very fun time for several years, steady group of posters with always something going on. Lots of great guys but they literally all got the red box, a very few are still around but I haven’t seen any of them in a long time.

Yes, I've heard stories about the wild days over there and I've also poked around in the archives. 😂😂

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I might just do that. Of course, I'll be disguised if I do!

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I might just do that. Of course, I'll be disguised if I do!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, I've heard stories about the wild days over there and I've also poked around in the archives. 😂😂

There are some really good ones, Teknobailey, onlythe10’s, cdsnuts, Plifter, “Felicia” do some searches with those names and you will get some fun reading 😂

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I start every morning with the obituaries just to make sure I'm not dead yet.

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

There are some really good ones, Teknobailey, onlythe10’s, cdsnuts, Plifter, “Felicia” do some searches with those names and you will get some fun reading 😂

Yeah, I read that thread awhile back about the Babe Ruth card. It was hilarious!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I start every morning by going to work.
    Stupid work!! :s

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Yeah, I read that thread awhile back about the Babe Ruth card. It was hilarious!

It’s one of my favorites 😂😂😂😂

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

there used to be a guy here named adrien and i truly believe he was in need of some serious professional help

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:
    there used to be a guy here named adrien and i truly believe he was in need of some serious professional help

There were actually a few of those types lol

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2020 11:18PM

Here of course.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

I start my day here. I end my day here. Gawd, I need to get a life.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@craig44 said:

Bring the noise Adrien?

W.C.Fields