Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Boxing Card Questions: Tyson Fury Rookie Conundrum and Cutting Cards?

BartAllen2BartAllen2 Posts: 71 ✭✭
edited December 10, 2020 6:22AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What would Tyson Fury's rookie card be classed as? Given that officially his first cards were released as a Topps On Demand collection which included 20 base cards and one autograph card ~ Would the autograph card take precedence over the rest, or would they equally be regarded as the same due to them being in the same package?

I have several Swedish Record Journal cards and I remember last time people recommended the usage of a metal ruler and a fresh blade in a utility knife, but would a paper trimmer suffice - like the one below? Even for a beginner?

All comments are welcomed :3

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer a guillotine style paper cutter and I believe there were others in that thread who agreed, and were against using a sliding trimmer, which I think is what you’ve shown here.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:
    I prefer a guillotine style paper cutter and I believe there were others in that thread who agreed, and were against using a sliding trimmer, which I think is what you’ve shown here.

Oooo interesting, so most prefer the guillotine style paper cutter, as shown below:

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased a sliding one to cut some wrestling magazines up and had much better results than when I had the guillotine style. It could be the price point I chose. I had a cheap one from Office Depot that was probably $17.99 and I paid in the $170 range for the sliding version. It works great.

I have this Andre at PSA now. It was what got me to buy one.

This is much thicker paper and it moves right through it. This is in the same sub.

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:
    I purchased a sliding one to cut some wrestling magazines up and had much better results than when I had the guillotine style. It could be the price point I chose. I had a cheap one from Office Depot that was probably $17.99 and I paid in the $170 range for the sliding version. It works great.

Awesome - and great cards ! I'm still deciding which to get lol~

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Metal ruler and SHARP blade. Buy the zirconium blades. Sliding cutters will get dull, guillitine cutters can "pull" the paper and ruin the edge.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set