Home Sports Talk

Can the Ravens ever win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember when he was drafted, he said about the Ravens, "They're going to get a Super Bowl out of me." Do you think this will actually happen someday?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure it’s definitely possible, if he doesn’t get hurt and plays like he did last year they got a good shot as any solid team does.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Sure it’s definitely possible, if he doesn’t get hurt and plays like he did last year they got a good shot as any solid team does.

That's my main concern, him getting hurt. They ran the ball a lot last night against Dallas. Lamar did have a couple of TD passes though.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm skeptical. His accuracy at times is atrocious. He'll drop a dime into the corner for a TD and then bounce a pass 8 feet short or drop his elbow and air mail a pass.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2020 12:19PM

Last year I attended a Ravens game. Never saw him play before that. I was very impressed by his performance. Superstar in the making. Since then I watch the Ravens whenever I can. Now, I don't know what to think. Maybe I just was there on a good day for him. Nothing special. Maybe it's just me.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at my posts from the day he was drafted. Nothing has changed my mind. Baltimore will never win a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson. Video game QB’s don’t win Super Bowls.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason, when I read the question at the top of this thread, I thought of this exchange in Meet the Parents. Because my first thought was....sure, I think so.....but then I could see a lot of you saying....no, the answer is you cannot....... Maybe I'm crazy... 😂

If you rewatch it you might see what I mean

https://youtu.be/-OP0S5doiyo

@thisistheshow said:
    For some reason, when I read the question at the top of this thread, I thought of this exchange in Meet the Parents. Because my first thought was....sure, I think so.....but then I could see a lot of you saying....no, the answer is you cannot....... Maybe I'm crazy... 😂

Whenever my mother in law comes over to visit, I usually just hide in the bushes until she leaves. Sometimes the wait is 30 minutes to an hour, but it's worth it.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Whenever my mother in law comes over to visit, I usually just hide in the bushes until she leaves. Sometimes the wait is 30 minutes to an hour, but it's worth it.

My mother in law came from Brazil and moved into our home in about 2007. We had are struggles but at this point we are like mother and son. She visits back home a couple months per year and I definitely miss her.

edited December 9, 2020 3:56PM

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

My mother in law came from Brazil and moved into our home in about 2007. We had are struggles but at this point we are like mother and son. She visits back home a couple months per year and I definitely miss her.

Can't do it, sorry. My mother in law and I are natural enemies. I'm thinking about installing a secret trap door, so I can escape more quickly when she arrives at our home for a visit.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jacksons mechanics are all messed up. He will never be a consistently accurate passer until this gets fixed. he may get hot for a few games or half a year, but will never be consistent.

eventually the speed leaves and all you are left with are mechanics. he could be one of those guys who are out of the league by 30.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Jacksons mechanics are all messed up. He will never be a consistently accurate passer until this gets fixed. he may get hot for a few games or half a year, but will never be consistent.

eventually the speed leaves and all you are left with are mechanics. he could be one of those guys who are out of the league by 30.

Yea longevity will probably not relate to Lamar Jax. Very good point

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

his window of opportunity may be shorter than other QB's because he depends too much on his feet to be a success. my thinking is the same as Tabe and Hydrant about his passing but when he runs he is dangerous. one flaw he has is that when he decides to run, when he rolls out of the pocket, the threat of a pass vanishes. he'll run almost exclusively. until the Ravens can commit to surrounding him with other really good players I think they always finish out of the money