Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone see this story about BGS?

http://www.sportscardradio.com/beware-fake-bgs-graded-slabs/

This isn't a commentary on BGS, I just wanted to let the board know just in case one of the high rollers here is looking at Luka BGS cards.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

hadn't seen the article but heard all about it. didn't give it full attention as i don't really have much in bgs slabs to begin with but not a bad idea to share and get the word out.

crazy to think that scammers would put that much effort into something and then overlook a simple "."

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Won't the people making the fake slabs now just make new ones with the period in the patent number? Seems everything else about the fake slabs was good enough to not be able to tell the difference from a real one...

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

does bgs have a "registry" feature where you can log your certs into your account? and then tell when someone else attempts to add that cert to their account?

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Imagine going though all of that trouble to make a fake slab, and leaving out the "." in the Patent number............

• Options

I looked at a few of mine I just got back and they don't have the "." on them

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭

They can fix the mold and add the . For about 10% of the price of one of those Luka slabs

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder who is making these fake Beckett slabs?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21