Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Notice from PSA Management about a certification number

I happened to be looking at some recent prices on PSA for some of my high end cards. With one of my cards (purchase a few years ago in a Heritage auction and sitting in a Lighthouse case) when I typed in the certification number up popped a message to contact Jackie Curiel at 949-567-1254 for an important message. I have seen this before but never with any of my cards. After researching the certification number I believe it may have been used in an attempted counterfeit card sale some years ago so not sure if that card popped up again ?
I will contact Jackie but was curious if anyone had run into this.
Thanks
Russ

Comments

• jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

Most likely ( it happened to me) but you can rest assure Jackie will take care of it as she is their best employee. She needs to be promoted!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes. you will be required to send the card in for the cert to be reactivated. they may even recert and holder it. she will email you a fedex label and while a pain is a relatively easy process.

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jackie is very communicative, thorough and helpful. As stated, they will either require you to send it back or show scans/pics of the card, depending on what the issue is. if it was indeed attempted to be used as a counterfeit, then yes, its likely they will require it to be sent to them to be recerted and the initial cert struck from the registry.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had similar thing happen to me recently. It didn't take too long for the whole process to play out (Mailing card to them and receiving it back). But when it was done I had my card in a new holder for free!

• Update:
    I spoke with Jackie at PSA today. As suspected a card with my certification number is making the rounds. I have to send my card to Jackie. PSA uses an overnight service through Fedex called Malca-Amit for high dollar items (kind of like having Brinks deliver your card)

I wonder if while it's there they could bump it to a 7.5 or an 8 as a favor for the inconvenience they put me through ?? :):)

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

no, but might be the ideal time to "review" it considering you're in front of the line & the shipping/insurance costs are covered.

superb card, btw!

• samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

Amazing card!!