Home Sports Talk
Options

Sean McVay calls out Jared Goff

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean McVay has called out Jared Goff after the LA Rams loss to the 49ers on Sunday. He made it plain and simple, "Our quarterback has got to take better care of the football." Jared Goff had four turnovers yesterday in the first 31 minutes of that game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/rams/story/2020-11-29/nfl-week-12-rams-49ers-jared-goff?_amp=true

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

i called him out last week but what do I know ;)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

overall, I didn't think Goff played that bad. maybe McVay should call out his Defense and Special Teams about tackling and penalties, but save a little for the Offensive Line about protecting their QB.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone here was repping Goff as a winner recently, something about him winning more games than the elite QB’s or something. Idk I don’t look at Goff as anything more than a serviceable QB

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 7:29AM

don't ask why, but i watched chunks of this game. Goff was abysmal. against a vagabond team that is decimated with injuries, mind you. no touchdowns, 3 turnovers, didn't crack 200 yards passing (which should never happen in the pass-happy NFL unless you're forced to start the local JV quarterback or you're the team playing the team starting the local JV quarterback), and a QBR of 10.1 (translation: holding all other factors constant, the Rams would be expected to win 10.1% of their games with QB play like that)

other than that he was great

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    i called him out last week but what do I know ;)

My name is hammer, and I'm a 50 year Ram fan. i called him out four years ago, but what do I know ;)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Someone here was repping Goff as a winner recently, something about him winning more games than the elite QB’s or something. Idk I don’t look at Goff as anything more than a serviceable QB

that was hydrant , the guy that used to have a good avatar , oh wait that was you also :D

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

that was hydrant , the guy that used to have a good avatar , oh wait that was you also :D

Hey, about that avatar I used to have.....some killjoy around here reported it as inappropriate and I had no choice but to change it or else. DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT say anything negative about my new avatar or you will have one angry Papa on your hands!!!!!

Now,....about a certain QB. I'll let you all know how I really feel but not right now. Fortunately, I was at the Grand Canyon yesterday so I missed the game.....but......nothing about it surprised me. NOTHING.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 4:26PM

@Hydrant said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

Hey, about that avatar I used to have.....some killjoy around here reported it as inappropriate and I had no choice but to change it or else. DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT say anything negative about my new avatar or you will have one angry Papa on your hands!!!!!

Now,....about a certain QB. I'll let you all know how I really feel but not right now. Fortunately, I was at the Grand Canyon yesterday so I missed the game.....but......nothing about it surprised me. NOTHING.

I had the best sigline ever until I was ordered to take it down years ago 🤨