Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1965 SMS Lincoln penny offers

1965 SMS Lincoln Penny, offers welcome. Willing to ship the coin first to a well established forum member no problem.

Comments

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2020 5:11PM

x

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2020 5:11PM

@giantsfan20 said:

Why are you attempting to scam somebody? You posted and the forum said NO.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1047562/1965-lincoln-cent-verification

If you really think it is why dont you spend your money and get it authenticated or you allready know?

Actually the posters said "YES" to "SMS"

btw, the pictures need better lighting for a sale picture.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@giantsfan20 said:

If you really think it is why dont you spend your money and get it authenticated or you allready know?

@MsMorrisine said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Why me Lord!!? :D

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2020 5:59PM

it'll show better and bigger with all that surrounding "whitespace" trimmed.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 12:02PM

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

So how much are you looking for? If you put $25 into grading it and IF it comes back a SMS 66, it is worth $11 according to the PCGS price guide. IF it grades a MS66 instead, its value is $30.
    Personally, I don't think it is a 66 because of the hits on the jaw.

Once again, how much do you want for it?

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must not be well established. All I hear is crickets chirping.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cameonut said:
    So how much are you looking for? If you put $25 into grading it and IF it comes back a SMS 66, it is worth $11 according to the PCGS price guide. IF it grades a MS66 instead, its value is $30.
    Personally, I don't think it is a 66 because of the hits on the jaw.

Once again, how much do you want for it?

Just an fyi, I offered $25 and was turned down.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an fyi, I offered $25 and was turned down.

Wow - that's more than I would pay for the whole original 1965 SMS set.
    I must be missing something.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must be a cheapskate. I was thinking I’d go 2.50 and I was being gener

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since this thread has already gone off the rails I am going to throw in my 2C, which might only be worth about 1.75C give or take. It is a very nice SMS cent and I wouldn't disagree with it in a 67 holder, but to get gem+ money for it it really needs to be already graded. Unfortunately that costs as much as the PCGS price guide says a SP67Rd is worth($40). If you think it's a 68(you have not indicated that you do, other than turning down a reasonable $25 offer) then you need to get it graded, once it is graded 68 then you can sell as such otherwise it is just insulting to those who are interested, as if you are saying "I don't need to have this graded, I know more than the graders do". We've seen it here tons of times and it never goes well.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just name the price you want to get and go from there.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    Since this thread has already gone off the rails I am going to throw in my 2C, which might only be worth about 1.75C give or take. It is a very nice SMS cent and I wouldn't disagree with it in a 67 holder, but to get gem+ money for it it really needs to be already graded. Unfortunately that costs as much as the PCGS price guide says a SP67Rd is worth($40). If you think it's a 68(you have not indicated that you do, other than turning down a reasonable $25 offer) then you need to get it graded, once it is graded 68 then you can sell as such otherwise it is just insulting to those who are interested, as if you are saying "I don't need to have this graded, I know more than the graders do". We've seen it here tons of times and it never goes well.

Hi Chris,
    Coinbuf offered me $25 as he said, that's correct. Just to put the record straight however, I very politely declined the offer and gave my reasons why. I wasn't trying to insult anyone and my apologies for any offence caused. Below is the transcript of the conversation.

Thanks

I will offer you $25 shipped for the 1965 SMS Lincoln. If you have not looked up the data the last three PCGS graded SP67 graded examples sold for $43, $50, and $26 for an average of $40 each. As yours is not certified the costs to certify plus the price I'm offering will total over the average. Now if the coin were to grade higher than SP67 then it would be worth more but there is no guarantee that it will grade higher so that is how I came up with my offer price. That and the fact that you are new here and I'm not willing to gamble more then that on someone with no references and an overseas transaction.

Regards
    Chris

Diamond70Diamond70 November 28, 2020 9:50PM
    Thanks coin, that's a very reasonable offer. I have looked up the data on coins of that ilk and they are cheap and easily obtainable I noticed. That being said I think that it is also fair to say that it is a very nice example too. I appreciate the offer very much but after shipping and other fees have been deducted it wouldn't really be worth the time and effort to send it.
    Thank you again however for the offer.