Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Selling coins on message board

Miami1025Miami1025 Posts: 6
edited November 27, 2020 5:33AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Hello everybody. Young Numi here , first post on any message board. Can anyone provide the basics to selling on these message boards ,how to cya. Etc.

Answers

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Provide good untouched photos & full transparency on coins, and get paid via Paypal before shipping. Know how much shipping and insurance will cost and factor into price. Don't trust USPS to make delivery. I got burnt on a $450 coin with Priority Mail and no insurance that never made it to its destination.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards! To sell just post clear pictures of what you have along with price and any shipping charges. As a new member expect to ship your item first before getting paid to build your credibility and trust. Have fun!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Miami1025 said:
    Hello everybody. Young Numi here , first post on any message board. Can anyone provide the basics to selling on these message boards ,how to cya. Etc.

You are new here and have a post count of one. No one will want to buy from you unless you are willing to ship the coins first to a well established forum member. We've had scammers sell coins here and then disappear after being paid without ever sending the coins to the buyer.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coastaljerseyguy said:
    Don't trust USPS to make delivery. I got burnt on a $450 coin with Priority Mail and no insurance that never made it to its destination.

No offense but you burned yourself.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

Yep learned the hard way. Thought the tracking and return receipt requested was good enough. I bot over 400 coins on EBAY from 03 - 06 and received everyone. I sold in 2012 and someone @ USPS stole this one.

• Options

Thank you everyone for your responses.

• Options

I’m curious , the usps priority comes with $50 insurance automatically , did you make the claim ?

• Options

Yes they gave me the $50 from the claim.